ARMISTICE CENTENARY

g.s.john

Getting old aint fer pussies
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Armistice 1000

The 11th November 2018 is the 100th anniversary of the end fighting in the First World War.​

G S John suggested that we mark the occasion with a special ride that will also benefit the Royal British Legion poppy appeal. I’m happy to announce the Armistice 1000 which can only be ridden during November 2018.

You can choose your own route and go where ever you want whenever you want during November 2018. If you choose to use one of the RBLR1000 routes you can start anywhere on the route as long as you finish in the same place. Collect the receipts listed but instead of going to Squires café get a receipt at A1M/M62 Ferrybridge services. http://www.rblr1000.co.uk/routesmain.html Note only the 1000 mile routes can be used for the Armistice 1000

If you fancy an easier to ride route, on mostly motorways, then follow this well tried and tested route. Shell Gordano, BP Stirling, Shell Berwick, Shell Folkstone, Shell Gordano. Again start anywhere on the loop and finish in the same place.

Every rider who completes the ride will receive a one off Armistice 1000 certificate, a commemorative patch and verification of their ride. The ride fee will be £35 of which £10 will be donated to the Poppy Appeal. Riders who are not Iron Butt Members can take part in the ride and by completing it will become life time Iron Butt Members.

Make sure you read the “Rider Guidance document” and down load the “Ride documentation” here https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/docs.php

On this occasion you need to pre-register so we can source the patches in advance. Register by sending £5 by PAYPAL to payments@ironbutt.co.uk with a note including your name and “Armistice 1000” and send me an email President@ironbutt.co.uk with your name and address and the heading “Armistic 1000”. If by chance you fail on the ride just email me with your story and I will send you a certificate noting what you achieved.

The north & south routes are within easy reach to all tosser's on mainland UK.

Back
Top Bottom