Starter Harley

torque takes a little getting used to with the heavy clutch, but other than that they make sense.

Even the Fat Bob (did you sell it?) can be restricted to A2.

I'm wondering if the insurance cost of a Harley for a 19 year old will be more than the cost of the bike

Would leasing be an option?

They were doing some stonking deals on some of the bikes a while back some worked out to less that £100 per month over 2 years !

torque takes a little getting used to with the heavy clutch, but other than that they make sense.

Even the Fat Bob (did you sell it?) can be restricted to A2.

I'm wondering if the insurance cost of a Harley for a 19 year old will be more than the cost of the bike

Heavy clutch? Easy fix...modified ramps with an "easy clutch" kit, though we're talking about er a younger fella here..not one of old crusties....and even I can still manage the heavy duty clutch on my RoadKing....

Never had a Fat Bob..the Street Bob is now well sorted...it'll be a keeper...for a bit...

Attachments

• IMG_4985.jpg
    IMG_4985.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 248
Would leasing be an option?

They were doing some stonking deals on some of the bikes a while back some worked out to less that £100 per month over 2 years !

Cheapest 883 is looking like £185pcm for 3 years then hand it back.

The only seriously good deal I've seen for leasing an A2 is the BMW one (Rookie to rider https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/Offers/RookietoRider.html)

Not as good as it was, but £650 down & £114pcm for 30 months. Included are A2 training and test, £1153 of riding gear and G310 for the duration. I'm sure it used to be £100 down then £100 a month for 24 months, with the same bike and training and more rider gear but it's still not too bad as it includes the training, tests and gear

The only seriously good deal I've seen for leasing an A2 is the BMW one (Rookie to rider https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/Offers/RookietoRider.html)

Not as good as it was, but £650 down & £114pcm for 30 months. Included are A2 training and test, £1153 of riding gear and G310 for the duration. I'm sure it used to be £100 down then £100 a month for 24 months, with the same bike and training and more rider gear but it's still not too bad as it includes the training, tests and gear

Thing is...he buys a three grand Harley.....keeps it a year...and he's still got a three grand Harley....

Thing is...he buys a three grand Harley.....keeps it a year...and he's still got a three grand Harley....

I don't disagree in the slightest.

The BMW offer was a hell of a lot better before when for about £2500 you got £2500 worth (ok, pinch of salt required) of training and rider gear and had (arguably) free bike rental for 2 years. Now it's over £4000 it's less convincing

With the three grand Harley he still needs to find the money for the training and the gear

P.S. give me a shout when the Street Bob needs a new home just in case I need another mid-life crisis

Exactly - it was very attractive, less so now. There are also only two training centres so you have to factor in loss of wages and accommodation for a week.

And that's a very good reason for looking at a Harley

You have to add accomodation as well - a guy from work has just done it about 400 for the week

Exactly - it was very attractive, less so now. There are also only two training centres so you have to factor in loss of wages and accommodation for a week.

Four (Royston, Stoke-on-Trent, Edinburgh or Darlington) now but I take your point.

Still mulling this over - went to see Ric’s Hertiage Softail last night but hesitated (more out of lack of knowledge than price) and it was purchased off of eBay whilst I was going home

So, anyone else on here moving on a Harley? Budget is around £4K ideally, up to £5500 for the right bike. Still learning the various models so bear with me...seen this, just off to read about Dyna’s

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HARLEY-D...417709?hash=item28679397ad:g:j9YAAOSw6j1bnMSC

I’ve got a Wide Glide in Silver in my garage - belongs to a mate - reckon it could be had for £5.5k - let me know if you want more info

This is a library picture - not the actual bike - but it looks like this!!

Attachments

• E9CB957B-45BE-4D05-A2E7-A15B26C57EC3.jpeg
    E9CB957B-45BE-4D05-A2E7-A15B26C57EC3.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 203
Thanks Twizz. Gotta hankering for something that looks a bit like Doris' bike or that gorgeous bike I think Melch sold but I suspect they're a lot more cash. What year is that? It'll help with the 'research'

Thanks Twizz. Gotta hankering for something that looks a bit like Doris' bike or that gorgeous bike I think Melch sold but I suspect they're a lot more cash. What year is that? It'll help with the 'research'

Pete ( Melch) had a Road King - will need to up your budget a bit from say £7k for an early one to £20k for a new one - £10k gets you a nice one for sure........ you can get a Street Bob ( Doris) for between £7-10K .... the newer ones with black engines are IMO nicer budget £8k plus...

That Evo Softail Heritage was a good buy - Most Big Twin Harleys are north of £5k - you missed a peach there....

Search over - and it’s not a HD. Thanks for the inout though folks, I will own one one day but not tethered by hp limits :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom