BMW GS Gloves direct from China

If you look on ebay someone might be buying them in and selling on at 70 quid, nice wee earner. Anyone here?

Ah...but are they CE marked?
If they're not then, in the event of an accident, the insurance company gets your house and your first born.
Its the law.

Do they really take your first born?

Where do I get a pair?

(Of gloves, thanks)

Do they really take your first born?

Where do I get a pair?

(Of gloves, thanks)

I may have a pair for sale, bought L and they have arrived, but I am in Spain. Wife tells me they will be too small for me so, may well be available

Thanks for the headsup , I bought a pair a few years ago from a person on here for more than the price of these and was a little bit disappointed when I noticed stitching coming undone in places, looking forward to getting a new pair now,

Mine arrived today - a large or size 10

Fit is perfect and 'fit like a glove' :D

Feel good and look good - I bet they are all made in the same factory:augie

Arrived in 7 days, great service

All labels are the same

If they last ok, I will be well pleased..............1/3 rd of the price :bounce1

Gloves might be good, but as for that tablecloth.....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

A great deal but this is killing the high street.
Go in to your dealer \ shop, try the stuff and get your size then go online and buy.
No shop can compete with Amazon and the like.
Gloves last me a long time and it doesn't matter that they are 70 quid.
I get to visit a bike shop have a natter play with the knobs on the bikes + coffee and a spin.

Go in to your dealer \ shop, try the stuff and get your size then go online and buy.
I get to visit a bike shop have a natter play with the knobs on the bikes + coffee and a spin.
Kind of agree with you there. Unfortunately there arnt many decent bike shops left in Ireland. Most will happily offer to order stuff in for you. I can do that myself thanks. If it was the internet that killed Mountjoy what chance would they have today? JJH

Whilst I agree with the sentiment in general and put it into practice in a lot of areas my heart really does not bleed for WBM.
Not when you look at the margin they are making on these gloves. Not when you look at the quality of their current bikes and the subsequent margins they are making on them.

So, local high street shops, yes. Big corporate companies and immoral margins, no.

Andres

Most won’t.

“Can I have first dibs? I just need to nip to the local BMW dealer to try that size............. “

Try all the helmets on for size/fit, then buy online........ Make sure you call them ‘stealers’ cos that bolsters your reasons for buying online......:blast

Not sure if there was a thread about these or on ADVrider.

Unknown to me my wife ordered herself a pair of BMW GS gloves from Ebay, posted direct from China for £26.99, they arrived 10 days later.

Now then, the ones you happily splash out £69 from your local dealer are also made in China with 20% Kangaroo leather, 23% Goat leather etc. etc.

I've just spent (wasted) quite some time comparing them to my own pair.....exactly the same, in fact in places the Chinky ones appear slightly better quality.

So, my guess is they're not counterfeit but just the factory in China cutting out the very fat middle man.

If they are counterfeit then they're very, very good and could only guess perhaps there's no Kangaroo leather but there's certainly appears to be no difference there either.

:beerjug:

Tim,

Just saw these on another forum. Look familiar to you ?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32630...on-Package-Multifunction-Saddle-Shoulder-Send

Joe

Totally agree. Bought my Sustem 6 helmet and new Rallye jacket from my local dealers Riders Cardiff. Now found out they're shutting down, I tried

Tim,

Just saw these on another forum. Look familiar to you ?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32630...on-Package-Multifunction-Saddle-Shoulder-Send

Joe

Alsofor the samller bike

51be22a94dd58a60fe333f4ceb160872.png

https://www.wish.com/product/5b14b06581e0713d4a285b58

Bit of an update.
Firstly, I get through gloves regularly so not interested in giving my cash to corporate dealers, it's hardly like buying sausages from the local butcher :D

And secondly, I've been using them almost daily for work and a couple of weeks trail riding in the Pyrenees and all was good.....but then last Saturday whilst trail riding in atrocious condition in Snowdonia I noticed the leather on the palm has an almost plastic coating which began peeling off!
This coating also causes them to be a little slippy on the levers, I also caused some damage to the palm although that's probably down to abuse.

I'll post a pic of the palm so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• 20181015_133927.jpg
    20181015_133927.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 368
This is the damage to the palm on the other glove but the gloves were soaking wet and I took a couple of heavy falls which may have caused it.

Attachments

• 20181015_133958.jpg
    20181015_133958.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 365
Bit of an update.
....but then last Saturday whilst trail riding in atrocious condition in Snowdonia I noticed the leather on the palm has an almost plastic coating which began peeling off!
This coating also causes them to be a little slippy on the levers

I noticed when riding with your wife, last Saturday that the dye is not proofed and she ended up with black hands.................due to thorough soaking she gave those gloves in that rain

I noticed when riding with your wife, last Saturday that the dye is not proofed and she ended up with black hands.................due to thorough soaking she gave those gloves in that rain

Ah, she probably hadn't washed her hands after all her bike prep :D

Gloves

Mine arrived today, took 8 days, cost 15 quid delivered!! feel really comfortable, if i get 1 summer out of them its still a bargain thanks:beerjug:

Attachments

• 20181016_153113.jpg
    20181016_153113.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 344

Back
Top Bottom