Manchester to Scotland and back in a day 3 lochs run

Looked a cracking trip..

Totally get you really appreciate the time we are having together

Very Excited about this one hope you all enjoy part one of the footage

edited on my 2009 mac book pro haha shes getting a bit long in the tooth now that's for sure bit like pulling teeth but managed to nock something together

Me and my lad went to the Stormin the castle this weekend and had a great time. Never get chance to ride together with him having a heavy work schedule and a young family; but this weekend everything lined up; we just chucked some stuff together and went.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180904-064520.jpg
    Screenshot_20180904-064520.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_20180904-064625.jpg
    Screenshot_20180904-064625.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20180904-064646.jpg
    Screenshot_20180904-064646.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 144
top quality pics , take a little more time and really explore the highlands

Thats awesome Snelly :) an yeah DC I can't wait to get up there again an explore the highlands

Thats awesome Snelly :) an yeah DC I can't wait to get up there again an explore the highlands

top quality pics , take a little more time and really explore the highlands

Awesome just about sums it up; we have never had a lot of time together in the past; and i did'nt want to miss this opportunity. Done Scotland loads of times; but only in the truck; and yes; we will be looking for an opportunity to get up the west coast at some time. Lifes about finding the right windows.:beerjug:

Me and my lad went to the Stormin the castle this weekend and had a great time. Never get chance to ride together with him having a heavy work schedule and a young family; but this weekend everything lined up; we just chucked some stuff together and went.

The way it should be - perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey.... We were at stormin... My mate won the MAG £100 raffle.

He bought us a bacon sarnie

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hi Mack sure :)

https://www.motorcyclescotland.com/routes/three-lochs-run/

I downloaded the route from the moto go loco website seemed to work better onto the Nav V than that one

This was the route we did looks like there's some crackers on there it turned out to be the right distance with us being about 3.5 hours from Scotland each way. I reckon we spent about 2.5 hours on the route as we stopped a lot to look at the scenery so all in all about 10 hours riding for us

I use Lomo drybags to keep my PPE in rather than just throw it in the back of my van then struggle to find something to carry it to where I’m working and they’re excellent but for soft, waterproof panniers I think you’ll struggle to beat Wolfman ones though they’re eye watering expensive.

https://www.windingroads.co.uk/saddle-bags-panniers-uk/wolfman-expedition-dry-saddle-bags

I’ve just used a set for my holiday and because you get attachment loops so you can attach them to frames (or footrest mounts and the bike frame at the top) they don’t move around at all. They’re also made of a much tougher material than Lomo use because they’re designed for off road use in shit hole countries but are they worth more than 5 times the price of Lomo? Not if you’re on a budget they’re not but if you reckon you’ll get the use out of them then yes.

cheers guys was considering side panniers dependant on if I keep the vario rails or not :) shame more makers dont utilize them :) know a lad on adv rider was making something for them that looked amazing

I’ve really gone off hard panniers because they’re not very forgiving if you clip cars with them :D

yeah good point those pesky cars! :beerjug:

soft do seem to be the way to go :)

Whereabouts in the northwest are you? My wife goes to Southport and Liverpool quite frequently and if you were interested in a pair of Wolfman panniers I’ll happily lend mine to you so you can try them out. You’d need to meet her somewhere but the offer’s there if you want to try them.

It is worth trying a pair because you might find you wanted something bigger but I can get clothes for a week into mine though I’m a scruffy bastard and don’t mind if things come out a bit creased and make me look as if I’ve slept under a bush.

Whereabouts in the northwest are you? My wife goes to Southport and Liverpool quite frequently and if you were interested in a pair of Wolfman panniers I’ll happily lend mine to you so you can try them out. You’d need to meet her somewhere but the offer’s there if you want to try them.

It is worth trying a pair because you might find you wanted something bigger but I can get clothes for a week into mine though I’m a scruffy bastard and don’t mind if things come out a bit creased and make me look as if I’ve slept under a bush.

Thanks Andy Ill keep that in mind appreciate the offer :) sorry Ive not been about guys picked a damn virus up so been under the weather.

Back
Top Bottom