Ktm 1090

MAR.600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ktm 1090 using the front brake feels like a wrapped disc on the front . Releasing and catching. Bike has done 1200 miles bought new in July. Anyone have any ideas ?

Would the warranty cover this ?

Cheers

Sen

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Cleaning disc bobbins may help but sounds like a warranty job.

My 1090 and 1190 both do this, neither have significant warp in the discs.

On the internet there are a number of theories including pad material gets stuck to the discs, my 1090 was quite bad and a few minutes with some wet and dry improved it a lot, when the weather draws in I will take the brakes off and clean everything up, scuff up the pads with a wire brush and give the discs a more thorough clean and I think that might work.

My guess is KTM know what causes it but won't say, there are certainly a lot of people this has happened to. They will only replace discs if they are out of true, and I suspect yours won't be, although badly pulsing brakes is still a fault IMO regardless of if the discs are warped, but I doubt you will get anything done about it - but still worth complaining to the dealer, you might get lucky.

If the clean-up sorts mine out and it then comes back I will just try some different pads.

I had this on my 1190, six months in from new. Rapid pulsing under light braking or when coming to a stop. Hard braking I didn't notice much.

I notifed the dealer and we tried cleaning the bobbins as disc runout was ok. This worked but only for a short while before coming back. Cleaning the bobbins always sorted it but was a real ball ache so in the end they agreed to swap out under warranty. New discs and 4ish years later and all is good.

Andres

Pulsing brakes on a new bike? There's no way I'd accept that from any manufacturer. If you're feeling the effect there has to be a cause....that's science you know :green gri

Hi guys
Managed to get to the Ktm dealer today.
They put it on there mot brake tester.
New discs req warranty claim on Monday
Going back next week for new discs hopefully new pads surely..
1200 miles on the clock .

Hi guys
Managed to get to the Ktm dealer today.
They put it on there mot brake tester.
New discs req warranty claim on Monday
Going back next week for new discs hopefully new pads surely..
1200 miles on the clock .

It happens. Least it's getting sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom