Seat Question

Sidney

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2007 GS and have a query on available seats.

I am looking for lower seat height and to improve comfort.

The seat that came with the Bike has a stamp on the seat base saying +20% (l think it may have come me off an ADV) and I have also got the lower seat which has -20% stamped on (but comfort is dire).

So the question is whether another exists that is in between that might be - as Goldilocks would say - just right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That'll be the standard height seat then :augie

The standard height seats from a GS & GSA are a slightly different profile but any R1200 GS seat from an 04-12 or GSA from 06-13 will fit :thumb

I have a low seat on my 2012 GS and I use an Air hawk with it.
It makes all the difference on longer rides.
They do appear in the for sale section from time to time.
As usual we all have different opinions!!

I have a low seat on my 06

its relativly comfortable on long journeys,

i just find the seat / footpeg realtionship odd ;)

Thanks chaps useful info , so just to state the bleeding obvious a standard Height seat would have no + or -% stamps on then ?

It’s just I checked a mate’s 2005 GS and his had the +20% stamped on but as far as he knew was standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ 20% is proabaly a manufacturing mark of the plastic material content

Look for the 7 or 11 digit number xxxx700000 this is the part number then check it in real oem

I have a sergent seat fitted and compared to the standard seat it has doubled the amount of time I can stay on the bike.
But in the low position you I have found that it makes my knees' ache , so maybe I will need to look into lowering the foot pegs to compensate.

hope this helps

I have a sergent seat fitted and compared to the standard seat it has doubled the amount of time I can stay on the bike.
But in the low position you I have found that it makes my knees' ache , so maybe I will need to look into lowering the foot pegs to compensate.

hope this helps

I put the balls of my feet on the pegs to help , it gives much needed relief

Back
Top Bottom