Nav 6 pairing

TOM.

Reaction score
Evening folks,

This is my last ditch attempt to sort this device out before i introduce it to my lump hammer!

I don't use the nav a lot maybe 4 or 5 times a year and in Europe. It spends most of its life on a shelf in its case. However when i do go to use it i have to go through this frustrating rigmarole of getting it to connect to my phone and bluetooth receiver on occasion it has worked straight away and on others and mostly it doesn't. I have tried to follow Garmins trouble shoot by making the nav passive but this doesn't work either. My phone will pair every time but after a couple of seconds it disconnects its self, and now my bluetooth receiver wont stay connected at the same as the phone this was never a problem until now.

can anyone provide an idiots guide to making the f*@king thing stay connected to my phone or shed any light on whats going on here.

many thanks
Tom

It's a cheap Bluetooth receiver from Tesco. But it does work i use it all day everyday in my lorry at work and it has worked with the satnav also.

Had the same pairing issues with my Nav 6,this how I fixed mine.First off,turn your phone off then pair your headset to the Nav 6,then turn your phone back on,make sure the Bluetooth setting is set to scan for devices.Once the phone has found the Nav 6 and your headset,go to the bluetooth setting on the Nav 6,every connected item will be shown in blue.That's it done.The Nav 6 will remember all your bluetooth items in your system and will connect to them automatically,every time you use your Navigator.

I have been having the same problems with my Zumo 590 and what you said worked for me :)

Now when i take an incoming call it nav is trying to act like the audio output and not the head set,

You don't know anything about this at all :(?

Back
Top Bottom