show me your silencer and mini reviews of it , thanks!

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any pics please or hyperlinks if thats easier for a 1200 tu 2012 gsa rear aftermarket silencer, and what you think of it? I cant see the virtue of an akropovic unless all that money doubles the engine output.? My standard one makes a pleasant sound, but i guess its rather heavy to boot.Im trying to save a bit of weight.
Thanks in advance Pauly.

Trying to save a bit of weight on a GSA. You'd do better just filling it halfway with fuel. Or have a few salads. Seems a bit pointless. Lol
Anyway back to your question. I tried an aftermarket can. Decided it was too loud on the GSA and sold it. I have decatted headers on mine and with the stock silencer it's still quite loud..
I'm not against some noise, you should hear both of my tls's
I just couldn't get on with it on my GSA.the can I had was a carbon bos . Nicely made. Not to expensive. I don't have a photo to hand but I'm sure Google will have an image.

Trying to save a bit of weight on a GSA. You'd do better just filling it halfway with fuel. Or have a few salads. Seems a bit pointless. Lol Anyway back to your question. I tried an aftermarket can. Decided it was too loud on the GSA and sold it. I have decatted headers on mine and with the stock silencer it's still quite loud..I'm not against some noise, you should hear both of my tls's I just couldn't get on with it on my GSA.the can I had was a carbon bos . Nicely made. Not to expensive. I don't have a photo to hand but I'm sure Google will have an image.
i slimmed down my 1150 with a y piece and alloy silencer, no abs pump, and run around with only the front seat a lot of the time and it made a noticeable difference, and you are right i run round with half a tank of gas tops on the gsa ,except when ive a big run to do , then i fill it up.

I fitted a Remus decat and hexcone to my 05 single cam ,
I recon the motor felt as strong as a tc,
And I’ve ridden a few:D
But ,,it was a bit noisy for a pillion on Long trips
I guess it all depends on what and where but decatting will give good mid range gains even with Oe silencer ,
A remap a bit more,the rest is probably just noise:D
But the Remus was well made,and saved a few kg

Set of headers and a Remus Revolution on my 07.
As the others have said, I really don't think the weight saving on a 260kg bike really matters....... It does free up the engine (in conjuction with a K&N and fueling) but it does also introduce a certain "harshness"
f2d87a60d1cda52445041cfb8cdff264.jpg
220557fd96078d3c6645da219d949572.jpg

Sent from a U11

Will not spend money on slipons in the future, but right now I´ve got a oem Akra om my 2010GSA which I picked up a couple of years ago, used and with a minor dent, from ebay for a very fair price. With that(?) and my AF-xied set to 8 ;) and newly mounted Wilbers ESA shocks I´m currently very happen with how my bike rides and handles. I figure a very small part if any at all is attributable to the slipon...

My lesson learned after a couple of 100k km's ridden on different bikes would be that money is best spent on suspension.

this was a lovely bit of kit on my old GSa, much lighter than standard and quieter with the baffle fitted

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 385
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 369
Will not spend money on slipons in the future, but right now I´ve got a oem Akra om my 2010GSA which I picked up a couple of years ago, used and with a minor dent, from ebay for a very fair price. With that(?) and my AF-xied set to 8 ;) and newly mounted Wilbers ESA shocks I´m currently very happen with how my bike rides and handles. I figure a very small part if any at all is attributable to the slipon...

My lesson learned after a couple of 100k km's ridden on different bikes would be that money is best spent on suspension.
I didn't like #8 on my AF-XiED......felt it was a little to rich (although the extra rush up top was noticeable) I now leave mine on #7

Sent from a U11

I had the remus de cat headers on the standard silencer, it had a deeper sound and a nice rasp when the revs rise , with better acceleration,

thanks Lads

I fitted a Remus decat and hexcone to my 05 single cam ,
I recon the motor felt as strong as a tc,
And I’ve ridden a few:D
But ,,it was a bit noisy for a pillion on Long trips
I guess it all depends on what and where but decatting will give good mid range gains even with Oe silencer ,
A remap a bit more,the rest is probably just noise:D
But the Remus was well made,and saved a few kg

Thanks fella, good input.

Set of headers and a Remus Revolution on my 07.
As the others have said, I really don't think the weight saving on a 260kg bike really matters....... It does free up the engine (in conjuction with a K&N and fueling) but it does also introduce a certain "harshness" good reply ta
f2d87a60d1cda52445041cfb8cdff264.jpg
220557fd96078d3c6645da219d949572.jpg

Sent from a U11

I’d go along with this

Have a good shit before you ride the bike.
i do, but every little helps

Will not spend money on slipons in the future, but right now I´ve got a oem Akra om my 2010GSA which I picked up a couple of years ago, used and with a minor dent, from ebay for a very fair price. With that(?) and my AF-xied set to 8 ;) and newly mounted Wilbers ESA shocks I´m currently very happen with how my bike rides and handles. I figure a very small part if any at all is attributable to the slipon...i agree

i agree

this was a lovely bit of kit on my old GSa, much lighter than standard and quieter with the baffle fitted
I likes that.

I had the remus de cat headers on the standard silencer, it had a deeper sound and a nice rasp when the revs rise , with better acceleration,
good input ta.

Thanks for all the other replies too:beerjug:, im liking the mivv idea, i had one on another bike, decent quality for the dosh.

Any more?

Was the Remus decat noticeably louder or just a deeper sound? Any prob with MOT if remove the cat? (It's a no no for cars but I think bikes are different?)

When I bought my '04 GS it had a lightweight Scorpion Titanium end can fitted. I part-ex'd that bike with its original end can replaced and put the Scorpion on my current '08 GSA.

It's not too noisy even without the baffle and the engine feels a bit more willing with it compared to the huge heavy stock chrome end can.

Back
Top Bottom