Treasure !

JonnyBravo

Reaction score
My first ever pair of aftermarket shocks for a bike in over 30+ years of riding !

lets see what difference these puppies make - the original ones are most certainly knackered !!

Treasure ! by jonny grey, on Flickr

Treasure indeed. Trouble is you need to find lots of treasure in order to pay for them.
Look forward to the ride report and your views :thumb

I fitted Wilbers to my '04 GS and it transformed it.

(Just need to save for a set of WESA on my '08 GSA.)

I'm sure you will enjoy the transformation on yours.

They will transform the handling if my experience of Ohlins is anything to go by Just be sure to lather them in ACF 50

:beerjug:

Agreed on the cost -
However after a bottle of Chablis the other night I just said fuck it you only live once and hit the *BUY* button

Agreed on the cost -
However after a bottle of Chablis the other night I just said fuck it you only live once and hit the *BUY* button

Way cheaper to improve your existing bike than spend 15 grand plus on buying a brand new one (unless you really wanted one).

My plan is a gearbox and FD mid-life refit, new driveshaft UJ's and a set of Wilbers WESA, probably £1500 to two grand spent for another 50,000 miles of riding fun on a bike that I love.

Way cheaper to improve your existing bike than spend 15 grand plus on buying a brand new one (unless you really wanted one).

My plan is a gearbox and FD mid-life refit, new driveshaft UJ's and a set of Wilbers WESA, probably £1500 to two grand spent for another 50,000 miles of riding fun on a bike that I love.

Love and also know everything about the bike, that is also my way of thinking...........:beerjug:

A wise choice

With out doubt the best decision you will make for your bike, worth every penny.

Like the man above said welcome to a better world.

Wow, just wow !
the difference is truly beyond words. the bike feels so, so much faster through the bends and better planted on the road.

Do not hesitate to make the upgrade if the opportunity arises.

Wow, just wow !
the difference is truly beyond words. the bike feels so, so much faster through the bends and better planted on the road.

Do not hesitate to make the upgrade if the opportunity arises.
Hi Jonny ,
Without trying to be smug,,
I told you so,:D:D:D
The high speed damping is so much better than stock,
Makes a Gs ride like a magic carpet.
Glad you like it:thumby:

That's £500 for the 'box, £700 for FD and drive shaft, with £1300 for the Wilbers WESA. The clutch will slot in another £500 with both master cylinders and heated grips chalking up another £600+. Don't forget the chassis bearings which will be well ragged after 50 to 70K miles and another small mortgage to fund them.

That £2000 budget might just be struggling a tad. ;)

Back
Top Bottom