trip to Ireland Summer 2019

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've checked a bit on here but haven't quite found what I want. Next year we are planning a trip to Ireland. Arrival Dublin around 1330 from England day 1, ride to somewhere about 130 km max, overnight stay; day 2, 150-200 km max to next overnight stay; day 3 last run to somewhere very close to Rosslare harbour and overnight stay.
What are we looking for?
Overnight accommodation in these locations, preferably comfortable pubs with rooms. Definitely not city accommodation but prefer rural ''middle of nowhere'' places. Max budget GBP 130 - 150 per night, some nice windy roads and some sights. There will be 6 of us needing 4 rooms.
I have done this for many years in England and Scotland but Ireland is completely new. Anyone got any tips, routes and advice or where I need to start looking?
Really appreciated

thks

you wont be paying 130 quid a night more like 50-60 euros

far too flash :D

get into dub harbour and hang a left wicklow kilkenny wexford - mountains and small roads everywhere

or out further west before you head south and slieve bloooms - laois offaly bogroads

Just to give a contrary but equally valid view; I've done several Ireland trips and not booked any accommodation anywhere, just ride until you feel the need, pull over and you'll find somewhere to stay. Every other house is a B&B, there are pubs with rooms every 100m and hotels aplenty. I'd also suggest you don't neglect Dublin itself, excellent place for a night out and a bit of sightseeing :aidan

I drove through Dublin today, what a clean fresh city, unlike Lundun which is a dump.

Is there two Dublins? :confused:
Coz i'm finding difficult to get a full lungful of air here lately! :eek:

I drove through Dublin today, what a clean fresh city, unlike Lundun which is a dump.
... :rolleyes: and ye never dropped in for a cuppa. :(

:D :p

If it were me I'd make a bee line for Galway, head down the coast, cliffs of Moher, then ferry over to Kerry and keep to the coast roads, last day perhaps astraight run back to the ferry. I think whatever you do get to the west coast.

Im still here, Larry, isnt it, down in Enniskerry
Og: Marc / not a Larry.:D
If it's a Wedding you're at - enjoy! - and given the company - you will! ;)
We have transport / time issues that mean we can't make it. Damnit! :tears :(

If you are planning to go anywhere within 30 miles of Portrush when The Open is on next year I would forget it. The event is a complete sell out on competition days already and it is not until next July!

Back
Top Bottom