Ktm 1290 super adventure r ergo heated seats

cbrgaz

Reaction score
Just swoped my standard one piece seat to the two piece ergo heated ones.
Just a couple of questions.

1) Where is the white connector that goes to the pillions heated seat switch?

2)Do I need to get the circuits for the heated seats activated as there is nothing in the bikes dash functions to power up or use the seats.

Anyone got any photos that show the wiring locations?

I've found the front seat connector and one for the pillion seat in the tail unit, but at a loss as to where the white connector is for the switch.

Cheers

Garry

Sent from whatever I'm using at the time

I’m guessing here because I’ve got a 1290 SD GT but the heated seats need turning on in the settings menu before a separate menu comes up for changing the settings on the run.

If you switch them on so they’re ready to use via the settings menu them unplug them for any reason you get a bad news error message on the dash that makes you wonder what you’ve fucked up :blast

Well I found all the connectors needed and fitted the passenger seat switch.
The option still isn't in the menu's to power up the seats, which in turn means they don't appear in the relevant menu to switch on the rider seat, or switch on the passenger seat via their switch.
I'll have to take it to my local ktm dealer to have the heated seats activated I'm guessing.

Yep - I believe the dealer has to go into their options menu and enable this like most of the other "extras".

Worth a call to them first to see if they can tell you how, but I'm 99% sure you need them to hook it up to their system to do it for you.

Well went to the nearest ktm dealer and got the seats activated. Although I doubt I'll use mine, my girlfriend loved the heated seat on the return journey.

Did it cost you a fortune to "switch them on"?

I really hate paying from the stuff, then having to pay again to have it actually working.

Well went to the nearest ktm dealer and got the seats activated. Although I doubt I'll use mine, my girlfriend loved the heated seat on the return journey.

Hi,

The dealer activated them for free as they were who I bought the seats from. Took literally 5 minutes for them to do.

Back
Top Bottom