Modes dont change at first pull of clutch lever

Yup. Just to check I wasn't going mad...
Changed modes on my 2017 GS this morning by rolling closed the throttle whilst slowing down.

I have been out today and my 2013 will change if I select mode and pull clutch in and release but not everytime and thats why I suspected the microswitch. It changes within10 seconds if I am stopped and select a mode i dont have to do anything. When Im moving and I change mode if I don't use the clutch with throttle off nothing happens. Can someone with a 13 plate bike let me know how they change riding mode? Thanks in advance

17 GSA Does the Mode selection also alter the suspension setting automatically?

Went out today on 'Road' and 'Soft' suspension settings. Little time later changed to 'Dynamic' and noticed that suspension had stiffened up to either 'Normal' or 'Hard'. Cant remember which.

I did go through same process to check I wasn't imagining things and it did it again.

Is this supposed to happen? If it is I wasn't aware.

Yes it is.
Riding modes on 2017 onwards changes everything not just throttle settings. It changes suspension, traction control and ABS settings.
You can customise by choosing the mode and then changing the suspension (if you want quick throttle but softer suspension).

Neil

Yes it is.
Riding modes on 2017 onwards changes everything not just throttle settings. It changes suspension, traction control and ABS settings.
You can customise by choosing the mode and then changing the suspension (if you want quick throttle but softer suspension).

Neil
My 2016 does this too. Rain = Soft; Road = Normal; Dynamic = Hard; but as you say, you can then change the rebound damping setting and it will remember it until the next mode change.

My 2016 does this too. Rain = Soft; Road = Normal; Dynamic = Hard; but as you say, you can then change the rebound damping setting and it will remember it until the next mode change.

Bike normally resets itself back to default settings if you turn the bike off, unless you use that enduro pro plug, then it keeps the last settings, I found that out the hard way ............:D

I have finally sorted it and it changes every time. It was down to me not shutting throttle right off. It works when throttle is off press clutch it will change. I must have been keeping throttle on a small amount for some strange reason but Im confident now there was nothing wrong...

Back
Top Bottom