Intermittent idle issues...

Losttheplot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just got back from the HardAlptour on the XChallenge. Bike did pretty well with the exception the engine would occasionally cut out and wouldn't idle- a real pain in the arse as you roll into a tight hairpin, and find you don't have the power to drive through and out.

Don't think it's valves, more like an ignition problem (the chaps following mentioned a strong smell of fuel when it was messing about), and also the odd pop back through the exhaust.

I seem to remember there is a pick up by the flywheel that picks up swarf, shorting itself out? is this likely to be the issue, and if so does anyone have a photo of the offending item?

Or is it likely to be the coil packs dying? bike has only done 25k miles....

Never heard of the pickup thing - not even sure there is one ? My money would be either a faulty coil/plug or the throttle position sensor . Do you have (or can get access to) a GS-911 , you can then see if you have any error messages and also perform an adaptions reset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try cleaning the throttle body and idle actuator bolted to the side of throttle body. Residue can build up over time

Back
Top Bottom