Forgetting settings

Shamone

Reaction score
I’m currently on a trip and it’s defaulted back to the default settings twice.

All user parameters went back to default, like route & map settings, dashboard, detail level, buttons on the map etc.

Just before I set off it also lost all my trips, but luckily I was able to restore them with Basecamp.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just realised it has kept the blue GS icon to show on the map, so doesn’t lose everything completely.

I guess what I want to know is do I have a hardware fault so I can get a replacement or is it just software and I just need to be patient and wait for a fix.

I guess what I want to know is do I have a hardware fault so I can get a replacement or is it just software and I just need to be patient and wait for a fix.

Easy answer:

The device should not lose its settings. Few others, if any at all, are reporting a similar problem. This indicates that there is something fundamentally wrong with your device. Rather than fiddle about, return it to BMW for an exchange. If it’s still within warranty, you should get a new device then and there. If it’s out of warranty, try your best to get an exchange / good will discount. If you are not happy with that, contact Garmin UK who are usually pretty helpful.

Back
Top Bottom