Steptoe to the batphone please - or any other suitably qualified guru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hops

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having had to remove the rear caliper on my servo/ABS '03 1150GSA to drive out the seized pad pin then snapping the feckin bleed nipple off the caliper I've ordered a replacement bit to replace the nipple but am unsure of how to then bleed the rear system. Any pointers would be gratefully received. Can I just bleed the rear circuit or do I need to do both? I've done a search and see you've mentioned before topping up from the servo reservoir but am not sure how to do this.

Thanks
Mark

They're entirely separate circuits - from a fluid perspective. So you can deal with it separately from the front circuit.

What you need (at least it sounds like) are which bleed nipples on the servo unit are for the rear. Right now I can't remember, but I did make myself a crib sheet for exactly that job. I'll dig it out and post it here.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Here's the doc I made for myself.

IMG_20180915_091833.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Servo system ?

If so put your finger over the "hole" instantly as you remove the old nipple holder and get the new in place just as fast when removing your finger, you'll find the only air in the system will be the bubble at the bleed nipple.
When it's all tightened up, crack the bleed nipple open and just let the brake fluid slowly emerge.
Done properly the minuscule amount of air would have popped out when you opened the bleed nipple and you don't need to bleed .

Servo system ?

If so put your finger over the "hole" instantly as you remove the old nipple holder and get the new in place just as fast when removing your finger, you'll find the only air in the system will be the bubble at the bleed nipple.
When it's all tightened up, crack the bleed nipple open and just let the brake fluid slowly emerge.
Done properly the minuscule amount of air would have popped out when you opened the bleed nipple and you don't need to bleed .

Yes, servo system Neil and it’s too late for your wise words. In my usual ‘bull in a china shop’ way I’ve tried to remove the broken nipple so took the holder out already but quickly gave up and am waiting for a replacement from Motorworks.

Sorted, thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom