Noob from Derby

Mrtwisty76

Reaction score
Hi. I've just bought my first GS, a 2014 GS Adventure WC. I've had bikes most of my adult life, and was practically raised in the BMW Club, my old man having been a member pretty much since I was born, 42 years ago! He's had at least 3 GS's, multiple K's, multiple R RT's. This is my first BMW, though.

My previous bikes, except for the aberration of a Ducati Multistrada, have been Japanese multi, culminating in 2 Hayabusa's. I got knocked off my last 'busa in December 2016. I rebuilt the written off bike myself with genuine mechanical parts and Chinese plastics, and tried to carry on with that. Unfortunately the back injuries I sustained in the accident meant that, after about 25-30 miles, I couldn't feel my left foot. The Hayabusa had to go, broke my little black heart.

The GS was the sensible CHOICE, the Adventure was me being a bit egotistical. I wanted a big bike to replace the big dog! I was expecting transport. Something to get me to work and give me something to ride on the weekends. I was not expecting to particularly like the bike. And I don't. I bloody love it! It drives me mad to admit it, but it's possibly the best bike I've ever owned. Yes, I'd like a bit more power, I miss the rush the Hayabusa's had, but I don't need any more. I've always ridden 10-12000 miles a year, but in the 18 odd months from the accident I'd done about 3000 miles on the 'busa. I've had this GSA 6 weeks and I've done 2500 miles already. You can't get me off it!

Oh, and it's fixed my back. I'm now an inch taller and not walking like John Wayne. I'm a fan.

If you got this far, thanks! Hope to see some of you around sometime.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom