Question Re PCP deal last year

Thanks friend, I did play off Vurtu / Banks / Listers and Marshalls. Although Banks were desperate to get my coin they could not match a deal I was offered, having said that I am impulsive and like to get things done quickly (probably so I don't get to thinking too much and realise I am a twat with money !) so I probably don't give them enough time to cut each other throats. My friend does the same thing every few years but does it over many weeks (leaves them stewing) I'm too impatient, I have already told supplying dealer to get a move on or I go elsewhere (waiting to get it pdi'ed) just hope it lives up to expectations as there is a M3 waiting on the subs bench. My last hurrah before retirement

What's the rush?

It takes a few weeks to squeeze the pips out of them

I heard Honda will be discounting Civics soon - just after you have bought probably

This is better DCT.
9ce3743687826ff221b7c2fb49688028.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

yes it was a good deal. I'd still have my DCT if it wasn't stolen. Yes I'd be swapping it soon as I could. If I still had it...No it isn't a GS. A GS is far more comfy, sounds better stock and just works. Kind of like Apple vs Android. You can always make an android work, but you have to mess with this and that. Apple (GS) just is. Anyhow, at speed on the road (m way) the buffeting is unreal. Tried 3 screens, the clip on screens, the baffle..its all crap. Suspension is a weak point. More money. DCT was not for me, yes it works, but so do scooters. Changed up when it wanted to, yes you can change down, but sometimes you want to hold a gear...DCT doesn't give a shit...Yep, you can kick / paddle down but that's an extra that you wouldn't have needed to do on a manual. ..I might have been happier on a manual. Not sure. Seat is painful, buffeting and wind noise is hard! Looks are the best! Getting it on centre stand is an arse...maybe off road its better? Its a heavy bike, so why off road on it? Its tall, don't be fooled. The side stand is tall, so if you are at any slight angle, often getting it back down was dangerous for me. And that's at Sainsburys!!! Top box is crap compared to a vario top box. No I won't be buying another AT..Oh and it needs a 7th or 8th gear at motorway speeds. it revs too high when touring. 1st gear is fairly short. Had issues with it not wanting to change gear at points etc //

Would agree with observation by Adventuredon, but still think it is a great bike despite shortfalls. I have found that having positive throttle in long sweeping bends limits the degree to which the DCT will try to change up the box, especially in sport 2 mode. Regarding the issue of PCPs flooding the market on maturity, I can see it being strongly a buyers market. My tricolour DCT was £9600 last Sept, inc free luggage & First service. Nil deposit & 0% over 3 yrs.

If you deduct the value of the luggage, service & interest on savings not spent on the bike, the overall cost appears to be around £8200. The GFV payable after 3 yrs is £6400, meaning that if I hand it back & sell the luggage, the bike has cost only £1800 for 3 years motoring, some kind of bargain on a new bike I think. Further to this, if I keep it & pay £6400 to do so, I don’t think it will actually be worth that amount when 3 yrs old. Makes me ask what the dealer will try to sell it for to make a profit, at least £1000 mark up, which Is what they go for today when only a year old. On this very forum folk have sold 2017 bikes for around £7500. Dealers taking back bikes after the 3yr PCP will IMHO struggle to sell them, have to reduce prices & possibly find it not worth their while. Hence the strong buyers market as a result. Since buying mine I have noticed that the 3 yr GFV is now around £1000 less for new bikes sold today, possibly a reflection that Honda may have mis-calculated the projected valuation previously. I will probably just hand the bike back & hopefully that will be it as it will be in mint condition with around 15000 miles as per the PCP contract.

Africa Twin off-road is heavy, mine won't be handed back to Honda after PCP as it'll be wrecked haha.

I've dropped it about 20 times, all in mud. The front end just tucks in all the time. I need to change my tyres, and technique, but with DCT you are either ON or OFF the throttle in mud. So no pulling in the clutch for neutral.

On the throttle is not always ideal in technical mud situations, and if you shut the throttle off, you go down like a sack of potatoes.... in mud.

So I still need to get this sorted in my head.

In the dry its fine...

Oh..... and being banged around on bolders can have you spin up the throttle accidentally, again no clutch to pull in, which launches you faster down hill on bolders.... shit your pants time haha

Like I say, it'll be wrecked in another 2 years, or I'll be dead from trying to control DCT off road

yes it was a good deal. I'd still have my DCT if it wasn't stolen. Yes I'd be swapping it soon as I could. If I still had it...No it isn't a GS. A GS is far more comfy, sounds better stock and just works. Kind of like Apple vs Android. You can always make an android work, but you have to mess with this and that. Apple (GS) just is. Anyhow, at speed on the road (m way) the buffeting is unreal. Tried 3 screens, the clip on screens, the baffle..its all crap. Suspension is a weak point. More money. DCT was not for me, yes it works, but so do scooters. Changed up when it wanted to, yes you can change down, but sometimes you want to hold a gear...DCT doesn't give a shit...Yep, you can kick / paddle down but that's an extra that you wouldn't have needed to do on a manual. ..I might have been happier on a manual. Not sure. Seat is painful, buffeting and wind noise is hard! Looks are the best! Getting it on centre stand is an arse...maybe off road its better? Its a heavy bike, so why off road on it? Its tall, don't be fooled. The side stand is tall, so if you are at any slight angle, often getting it back down was dangerous for me. And that's at Sainsburys!!! Top box is crap compared to a vario top box. No I won't be buying another AT..Oh and it needs a 7th or 8th gear at motorway speeds. it revs too high when touring. 1st gear is fairly short. Had issues with it not wanting to change gear at points etc //

Good job someone nicked it from you then! :augie:D

Would agree with observation by Adventuredon, but still think it is a great bike despite shortfalls. I have found that having positive throttle in long sweeping bends limits the degree to which the DCT will try to change up the box, especially in sport 2 mode. Regarding the issue of PCPs flooding the market on maturity, I can see it being strongly a buyers market. My tricolour DCT was £9600 last Sept, inc free luggage & First service. Nil deposit & 0% over 3 yrs.

If you deduct the value of the luggage, service & interest on savings not spent on the bike, the overall cost appears to be around £8200. The GFV payable after 3 yrs is £6400, meaning that if I hand it back & sell the luggage, the bike has cost only £1800 for 3 years motoring, some kind of bargain on a new bike I think. Further to this, if I keep it & pay £6400 to do so, I don’t think it will actually be worth that amount when 3 yrs old. Makes me ask what the dealer will try to sell it for to make a profit, at least £1000 mark up, which Is what they go for today when only a year old. On this very forum folk have sold 2017 bikes for around £7500. Dealers taking back bikes after the 3yr PCP will IMHO struggle to sell them, have to reduce prices & possibly find it not worth their while. Hence the strong buyers market as a result. Since buying mine I have noticed that the 3 yr GFV is now around £1000 less for new bikes sold today, possibly a reflection that Honda may have mis-calculated the projected valuation previously. I will probably just hand the bike back & hopefully that will be it as it will be in mint condition with around 15000 miles as per the PCP contract.

I think that you’ll find it’s the finance company that will have the potential problem of offloading the bikes at the end of the PCP term.
The PCP is after all, a finance product. The dealer gets paid for the bike by the Finanve provider in full when you take it away.

Whilst on the subject of dealers, no one gets a £2500 margin on a new bike today, no one.
The bike discount offers are funded by the importer, be it Honda, KTM or whoever, to shift units. Dealer margins are very small on new bikes. That’s why so many have disappeared or given up. Crescent and KTM spring to mind.

Back
Top Bottom