1250 Launch live now on facebook , BMW Motorrad

Had an email today from BMW today inviting me to book a test ride in October. So it seems that in a couple of weeks they will be at the dealers.

You lot are bloody amazing. Does it really matter in the scheme of things how slick a launch is - No. The launch has no bearing on sales, its just a launch. The GS is still the best selling Adventure bike, so I bet they are not really bothered about armchair critics. How about doing something radical, like riding it and then giving a balanced review, rather than making stupid statements when nobody has actually seen the bikes and nobody has ridden them yet.

One think for sure, I will not be the Beta Tester...again:thumb

Just picked my bike up from 12000-mile service at Lind in Welwyn Garden City. They say in Oct and have people already put cash down for one.

Rear calliper in this photo is still a BREMBO, perhaps front units are latest incarnation that was developed for that fancy braking system being introduced to the latest boxer lineup.

eed41daf25087035893ce859a2a2c5a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One think for sure, I will not be the Beta Tester...again:thumb

I would agree with you there, wait a while, problem is though, every Sept they will bring out updates, so whenever you upgrade something new will be along :)

Rear calliper in this photo is still a BREMBO, perhaps front units are latest incarnation that was developed for that fancy braking system being introduced to the latest boxer lineup.

eed41daf25087035893ce859a2a2c5a2.jpg

Oh no, not Chinese crap then - never mind, there will be plenty of other bits to moan about. Wonder if Brembo manufacture in the far East as well?

Front brake is BMW branded. Nothing new there considering pre LC bikes had BMW slapped all over callipers too but still brembos. Correct me if I am wrong.
a1344c6ed527708ee2a180ecab442370.png

4ce8abdcfb41f52b2a626a38b1f18606.png

Front brake is BMW branded. Nothing new there considering pre LC bikes had BMW slapped all over callipers too but still brembos. Correct me if I am wrong.
a1344c6ed527708ee2a180ecab442370.png

4ce8abdcfb41f52b2a626a38b1f18606.png

That might be the answer to my Question, cheers for that, and yes probably a new Brembo purely for the new 1250 with its new super duper braking system.

You lot are bloody amazing. Does it really matter in the scheme of things how slick a launch is - No. The launch has no bearing on sales, its just a launch. The GS is still the best selling Adventure bike, so I bet they are not really bothered about armchair critics. How about doing something radical, like riding it and then giving a balanced review, rather than making stupid statements when nobody has actually seen the bikes and nobody has ridden them yet.

Isn't that exactly what I said??

For each generation of brake system the stopping performance has been improved. I don't quite see why this should be different now.
And frankly, being a rider with just average skils, I'm all for it. Whenever I come around the corner on a narrow curvy road and the horizon is filled with a combine I willingly accept all the stopping assistance I can get.

Best ever GS to date, the man from Germany says.

Cannot Wait to have a go, I hope they have taken notice of the past issues and really have made the best GS to date.

Here's hoping 🤞

More power, more weight and more than likely more bits from China sounds like great fun for the beta testers

Cheers

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

IMO the launch vid doesn’t do it for me, I’m sure it’s designed to get us into the dealers in droves, which it will. I like the look of it, especially the one with the gold wheels which I’ve come to dislike on other models, but this one looks ‘different’
Looking forward to a proper look

So still needs a front fender extender and rear hugger/mudsling . Nice learning there

Back
Top Bottom