1250 Launch live now on facebook , BMW Motorrad

Wow from a video and pics you can deduce the bike has shittier brakes. If they have ditched Brembo, are Brembo the only people who can make decent brakes then? Or should we just wait for the ride reports, jealousy creeping in maybe :)

Jealousy? How so? :nenau

For each generation of brake system the stopping performance has been improved. I don't quite see why this should be different now.
And frankly, being a rider with just average skils, I'm all for it. Whenever I come around the corner on a narrow curvy road and the horizon is filled with a combine I willingly accept all the stopping assistance I can get.

To bloody right, I second that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best ever GS to date, the man from Germany says.

Cannot Wait to have a go, I hope they have taken notice of the past issues and really have made the best GS to date.

Here's hoping 🤞

Like paint? I bloody hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About not having the capacity to get worked up into a lather about a bike that isn’t even released yet .

No, about how peeps on a GS site, who have decided to ride something else, just spend all their time droning on about how crap GS's are. Like I said earlier I don't ride a GS either, but am willing to wait and see what new bikes from any manufacture are like before making assumptions.

I Just ordered a Rallye without ESA, but with few other bits added, for a March delivery. Much prefer the black engine and drivetrain rather than the silver ones.

Had previous LC’s, both GS & GSA, and previously owned a Multi & a KTM SMT. I still think the GS works the best for me. The one feature that no other adventure bike can get close to equalling for me, is the quality of ride that the Telelever system delivers.

No, about how peeps on a GS site, who have decided to ride something else, just spend all their time droning on about how crap GS's are. Like I said earlier I don't ride a GS either, but am willing to wait and see what new bikes from any manufacture are like before making assumptions.

So what’s your jealousy comment about then?

Heard from dealer today that price wise the new 1250 will be approx £500 more that the current equivalent.

Heard from dealer today that price wise the new 1250 will be approx £500 more that the current equivalent.

Bike Social have already said the the TE Exclusive will be 16,500 (currently 15,930). Available in the UK from 13th October. Think it looks the business myself.

I'm guessing to turn the HP (Rallye) version into an actual HP will require a HP kit, so probably around 18K in all.

What I meant was, you don't own a GS, so now you are jealous that BMW are bringing out a new model. I did also but a smiley at the end, so it was tongue in cheek.

Why would I be jealous about BMW launching a new bike though? If I want one, I’ll buy one.

I’m buying a new bike in March, there’s a good chance it won’t be a GS, but I’ll take the new 1250 out for an extended test ride before I make my decision. If they’ve addressed the issues that steered me away from the brand, and make the bike more involving to ride, then I may well buy one.

Why would I be jealous about BMW launching a new bike though? If I want one, I’ll buy one.

I’m buying a new bike in March, there’s a good chance it won’t be a GS, but I’ll take the new 1250 out for an extended test ride before I make my decision. If they’ve addressed the issues that steered me away from the brand, and make the bike more involving to ride, then I may well buy one.

Perhaps they will engineer in the KTM high speed weave and wobble, that will make it more involving :D

Very poor stream and very amateurish presentation. Is that the best a company like BMW can do?

Agreed! A swimming pool?? Now if they had one in the deep end and some bloke rode it up a ramp and out onto the grass, as the 'reveal', that would've been pretty cool. I just skip jumped my way through it....very dull!

are Brembo the only people who can make decent brakes then?

There's a simple answer to that and it begins with a 'Y'.

If they've ditched Bimbo's to save a bit of cash that's a very stupid decision. Not that I'm enamored with the one's on my 1290 - they need a good pull and lack feel, but I reckon that's the ABS and not the calipers at fault.

Back
Top Bottom