KTM 1290 Super Adventurer R seat height

George crozer

Reaction score
With my 6' 6" frame I was a bit disappointed at the seat height on my new KTM 1290 super adventurer R. Ive been riding BMW GSAs for the past 15 years which have all had more than enough height, although on the high setting they have all pushed me forward on the seat with the usual scrotum rolling problem.
Ive just fitted a Power Parts two part seat to the KTM claiming +20mm extra height. Maybe +20mm on the "S" but on the "R" its a massive almost 50mm ... wow!!! and the seat is flat and doesn't roll me forward on the seat. KTM just say +20mm for both models (missing a trick here KTM there must be lots of big guys out there looking for a high seat.!!) Im no longer disappointed with my Stallion of an Adventurer Bike. Seems a lot lighter than the BMW too..:thumb:thumb!!

I'd assume that would be +20mm and then +/- the extra mm of the high/low setting on the seat. Yours in the high position?

D.

The original (R) one piece seat has no adjustment. The new PowerParts two piece has two height positions but is also thicker than the one piece. Power parts claim +20mm for the two piece for both the SAS AND SAR .. l believe the +20mm is just the extra thickness of the seat over the SAS original seat. The original one piece SAR Seat is thinner still. Meaning the PowerParts two piece give a lot more seat height especially in the higher position..
It’s great!!

Yes, I have them on mine - the heating element is far too hot to be useable, even on the low setting...

D.

It’s worth knowing that if you prefer a one piece seat (I do) Seat Concepts do two seat heights on their custom seats. The lower one is similar in height to the KTM one and the ‘touring’ one verges on a proper off road flat seat and is great if you want less knee bend.

I bottled it and got the standard one, in hindsight I wish I’d gone for the taller one........

Andres

We have the two part Ergo seats on the 1090 and 1190 (Both S Models) but the 1090S came with the one piece seat, we both prefer the two piece ones.

Not sure the two piece adds any height over the one piece seat f you fit it in the lower position, the Mrs finds the 1090 as manageable with the two piece Ergo seats in low as she did with the original one piece seat.

Back
Top Bottom