Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: KTM 1290 super adventure s weaving

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Indeed - I agree, we all have different requirements, but this weave, wobble, instability issue at a relatively low speed of 92mph for a 150+ bhp machine makes the bike fall short of my requirements - others won’t be bothered by this limitation
    Where has anyone said that the bike weaves and wobbles at 92mph? The luggage manufacturer has said that there may be instability issues, just as every other manufacturer does. They do this to cover their backs. In the real world, no bikes weave or wobble at 90mph and above, just because of a top box. If they did, nobody would put luggage on a motorbike.

I know you’re trying to be your usual smart arse self, but your comments are making you look a bit sad really, as you are obviously trying to be funny, but failing miserably.

Huntingdonshire (Cambridgeshire) & Bedfordshire
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty KTMer View Post
    Where has anyone said that the bike weaves and wobbles at 92mph? The luggage manufacturer has said that there may be instability issues, just as every other manufacturer does. They do this to cover their backs. In the real world, no bikes weave or wobble at 90mph and above, just because of a top box. If they did, nobody would put luggage on a motorbike.

I know you’re trying to be your usual smart arse self, but your comments are making you look a bit sad really, as you are obviously trying to be funny, but failing miserably.

I am not trying to be funny, the OP asked about weaves and wobbles, I was pointing out that KTM set a max speed for luggage that is 30kph less than the GS.

Read the KTM Warning above - the word ‘may’ is not there - try again.

I am not trying to be funny, the OP asked about weaves and wobbles, I was pointing out that KTM set a max speed for luggage that is 30kph less than the GS.

Read the KTM Warning above - the word ‘may’ is not there - try again.
    Please stop feeding the troll
    Paul S

Previous BM's: R100GS, R1100GS, R1150GS, R1200GS(04), R1150GSA(04), R1200GSA(06), R1200GSA(08), R1200GS TB (11) written off, R1200GS WC (13) R1200gsa WC (14)
    Current Bikes: BMW Scrambler X & KTM 1290 Super Adventure S

Arse Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    You right why buy a bike that the manufacturer says should not exceed150kph when fully loaded - the the GS is ‘safe’ to 180kph under the same loading.
    Oh really. Any loaded bike can weave at lower speeds. Just like my GSA this year. Single rider (90kg plus riding kit), panniers loaded 15kg total (weighed before I left on tour), worn tyres and driven with gusto. Weave started in the bend below the 100mph mark but I kept the throttle open and it kept shaking the bars all the way through the bend, By the time I came out of the bend it was shaking the head but I was not deterred. By now it was at warp speed for boxer BMWs Anything over 90 -95 on that road and it had a bit of a shake on it.

So please, if you intend to travel at illegal speeds don't take any notice of the warning posted on the luggage.

Some more info on the KTM weave and wobble problem

https://touron2wheels.wordpress.com/...r-expectation/

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
    Please stop feeding the troll
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

The OP wanted information about the KTM instability issue - so I posted it, safety issues should be highlighted and not brushed under the carpet - anyone who does not heed the handbook speed limits needs to know what the consequences could be. The instability warning really should to be inside the front cover of the manual not hidden away in the middle somewhere.

It clear that the problems that the Motorrad reported years ago is still there - KTM either aren't listening to their customers or can't fix it.

Anyway it's important to have all this information before making a purchasing decision.

I queried my weave with my KTM dealer after that trip in ‘14 and the reason/answer or guess given was it was down to not having oe panniers fitted. Seems that this isn’t the case.

On another note, on German autobahns this year, my Africa Twin, fully laden with panniers and topbox was as stable as a very stable thing cruising at 112mph.
    Why so serious ?

Arse Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Andres
    Sorry, I will now quietly close the door behind me .....

Quote Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
    I queried my weave with my KTM dealer after that trip in ‘14 and the reason/answer or guess given was it was down to not having oe panniers fitted. Seems that this isn’t the case.

On another note, on German autobahns this year, my Africa Twin, fully laden with panniers and topbox was as stable as a very stable thing cruising at 112mph.
    When I asked if it had been fixed on the 1290 my local dealer demonstrated that they’ve built a certain amount of float into the panniers because owners of the older 1190 model had commented on the weave. Mine did it with the original KTM panniers and Touratech ones so the rigidity might have been the cause

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456