Sena SMH10 Problems

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have been using a pair of SMH10's for the last 4 years with no problems until last week .

The module on my lid appeared to have a flat battery the other week so stuck it on charge and after 3 hours the red charge light turned blue so I disconnected the charger.

Next day went out and the unit would not switch on as if the battery was flat.

Recharged it and again today it would not turn on, stuck it on charge and again the charge light turned blue but the unit will not turn on, and as soon as you put it back on charge the light has gone back to red as if it needs to be charged up

No joy with factory reset or the fault reset , any ideas ???

Same unit a Sena SMH10 but having opened it up the wires are definitely soldered to the circuit board

Same unit a Sena SMH10 but having opened it up the wires are definitely soldered to the circuit board
The battery can be changed quite easily. Two of my friends have done it without any problem whatsoever and one of them is an ex Pit electricIan LOL

What if you connect the two batteries together with a piece of wire just to see if the dud unit turns on and stays on, at least you will have eliminated battery shot or not.

Have checked the battery and it is fully charged at 4.1V, however, as soon as you disconnect the charger cable and try to switch it on it does not respond and the blue light goes out.

Looks like there is a internal problem with the units circuit board

Have checked the battery and it is fully charged at 4.1V, however, as soon as you disconnect the charger cable and try to switch it on it does not respond and the blue light goes out.

Looks like there is a internal problem with the units circuit board

Neil a battery can show it is fully charged, then just fail at startup, I have had this same problem with phone batteries and Motorcycle batteries, that is why I said piggy back the other battery together as one unit and see if the unit starts up, at least you will be sure.

The batteries go on all smh10s after about 4 years and especially if it’s not used all the time. Had the same problem. Me and a couple of mates ordered more powerful batteries from China and soldered them on. Lasts for 2 days now haha. Definitely the battery is finished .

Just changed the battery in my SMH10 , battery failed just as the OP described, still to try it out....

Battery sourced from China , same as original.

Neil a battery can show it is fully charged, then just fail at startup, I have had this same problem with phone batteries and Motorcycle batteries, that is why I said piggy back the other battery together as one unit and see if the unit starts up, at least you will be sure.

It is not the battery, opened up my wifes identical SMH10 (which worked fine) and with the battery off my unit it works , with the known good battery off her unit in my intercom it makes no difference

It is not the battery, opened up my wifes identical SMH10 (which worked fine) and with the battery off my unit it works , with the known good battery off her unit in my intercom it makes no difference

Lost me now Neil, I thought you said you could not take battery out soldered............

Lost me now Neil, I thought you said you could not take battery out soldered............

It was in both units, however, easy enough to snip the wires and so swap the batteries , it is my intercom unit that is obviously buggered

It was in both units, however, easy enough to snip the wires and so swap the batteries , it is my intercom unit that is obviously buggered

Ok with you now Neil, is their not a way to see if the firmware has not done a wobbly, maybe try to update on computer, just a thought

Back
Top Bottom