BM nav 5/6 plugs

Big Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hope someone can point me in the right direction, I have googles the shit out of this but found very little even on the Motorrad site.

Where are the two plugs on the bike for the nav vi harness, I have found one at the side of the headstock but where is the other ?

2015 R1200R LC

thanks

What’s catching you out is that’s the only one you need. The other one on the Nav mount cable is the Buggadifiknow connector.

Just plug the one in and it should work.

The other plug would be for output of the SatNav instructions to the audio system of the R1200RT. So not applicable to the R.

Not sure on that as there is a vid on utube by a guy called grumpy something or other who fits to a 2015 rs lc and has 2 plugs

Tried yesterday and the one plug just does power, no not wheel . So somewhere there must be a plug for the fitted job wheel output.

Took all of the panels off yesterday (still are off) cannot find the 2nd plug. Why would they fit a jog wheel and have no plug to utilise it. Bike originally came with mount and harness but removed by previous, i have bought a replacement mount and have the 4 button mount with twin plug harness. Tried the jog wheel several times and does nothing with one plug connected, just power.

What else does the jog wheel do on the R?
Do you have a setup menu where you can set its function?
What does the bike’s manual say?

My R didn’t have a jog wheel so I can’t help from experience except to say that on the K1600GT loan hike I once had, the jog wheel was just for navigating the menu and had no effect on the Nav V.

As far as i know it does the same as the GS etc. operates the nav functions and calls up some ecu info on to the nav screen. Manual does not really mention the plugs just the jog wheel function.

Morning Den
Just thinking out loud,is it possible there is a fault in the mount?and it's not talking to the wheel.

I never used the nav on the R, but kettle738 from whom I bought the bike certainly did. I remember him saying that he used the jog wheel. Maybe worth dropping him a pm?

Will do, i was hoping the dealer who serviced it would check it and find the plug but they forgot. They did say if i found it and it did not work they would do a diagnostic but its getting back down there is an issue at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom