IMac basecamp routing problem

Ted

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have just got a new Imac Got Basecamp and all maps and stored routes etc working ok. Problem I have is creating new routes. On old Windows 10 unit I would click on routes and a pen symbol would allow me to do a route. If I needed to move or enlarge/reduce map, click the magnify symbol then go back to routes and pen re appears along with continuing route.
Now on the Mac what happens is I start route ok and then click on " move or magnify" icon move map ok but when I go back to route it restarts and loose the previous section. The route icon is the 3 interconnecting squares not the pen. Had a look at settings preferences etc but cant seem to change it. Any ideas what Im missing.
Thanks

There are lots of self-help videos and tutorials on the web, telling you exactly how to use BaseCamp on a Mac. Have a watch of some and report back.

Have looked at the Garmin ones but dont show the problem. Just show how to do a route, which is fine as long as route is on the screen section and dont need to magnify or move it. Will have asearch see what turns up

Use the keyboard functions and / or a mouse to zoom the map in / out and to move the map around.

Rather than clicking along, as I suspect you are doing, to create your custom route. What you might find it easier to do is:

1. Create an initial route A (your start point) to B (your end point) as one single magenta line

2. Zoom the map in / drag it about at will

3. Starting from the middle of the route, drag it (using the shaping tool) to follow the roads you want your custom route to follow

4. Repeat stages 2 and 3 as as often as necessary

Job done.

PS When doing the above, you may find it easiest to have all your preferences set to off. If you only ever create your own routes, there is no point in having say, avoid motorways turned on, as you’ll avoid them anyway when you create your routes.

Back
Top Bottom