Oh dear..

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Rebuilt a gearbox, just about to put it back into the bike..... oh, hold on, what's that oil baffle doing on the bench, why isn't it inside the gearbox... :D

Rebuilt a gearbox, just about to put it back into the bike..... oh, hold on, what's that oil baffle doing on the bench, why isn't it inside the gearbox... :D

feels like why have I still got one bolt left.............hate that feeling...;)

Fake ! The real one is a legend and not likely to make this error;)

I almost did the same last week with an 1150 box. The silly little plastic baffle that slots in to the cover. Almost.

Don't worry about it, customer will never notice. Ok

Dont worry, trust me you dont need it.**

** Complete lie.....

Ah yes . . And then you find that the little threaded mount has come loose and just rotates when you try to screw it together (I put the screw into the mounting then give it a squeeze under the press) :D.

Not as bad as putting the third gear pinion in the wrong way around - it looks OK, assembles OK but won't change gear :eek: :blast.

Bob.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom