Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Lancashire

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi Nick, I'm in the Lancashire / Greater Manchester border.. I bought a 2018 te this summer.. Its normal.. Just finishing the northwest 500..actually sat in a pub in Peebles as I type.. If u want to try mine to compare drop me a pm... Steve

Sent from my SM-G9550 using Tapatalk

Thanks Steve, got it in at the dealers on Friday, and hopefully they loan me another GS! Done the North Coast 500 but not heard of the north west 500! Going to google it now! Love Peebles though, go up there a bit with the mountain bike. Cheers Nick

Ha predictive text meant northcoast got back today.. We did more than northcoast.. 1060 miles.. 5 of us..

Right, not sure if I am getting somewhere or not, so I took my bike into the dealers for assessment and took an 18 plat Gs out as a loan bike, if you said my bike was 100% bad in terms of the clunking this new Gs with 1800 miles on was about a 5%, in other words I could feel the same kind of clucking but it was so mild, if I hadn’t rode mine I would never have detected the clunking on this newer Gs. Anyway the dealer sent 2 techs out on my bike and they have confirmed the problem is with the splines! They have asked me to book the bike in again as they are going to swap the swinginging arm due to a corrosion issue I also pointed out. Now the girl behind the counter says that they are going to sort the splines out! But it was difficult to understand what that entails, she mentioned re greasing! So I think from what I can gather that there is a special grease for the splines that should solve my issue. Not sure I am happy with this answer, but I will let the techs do what they suggest and see how it goes. I will update you once they have done the work which is planned for the 11th of Oct...., Cheers Nick

Ok Peeps, final update on the clunking! My bike has been in the dealers today, they replaced the swing arm due to a paint defect. But I got to speak to the tech who worked on my bike. He told me that the splines were very dry and this was part of my clunking noise! But the second part I did not expect, he said he test drove the bike and found that my engine timing was out as well, he has re done the timing and said that that has cured the fault. I was sceptical that this was the issue but thought I would take the bike away and give it a try...... well the bike is loads better, I can still feel something through my pegs, but it’s not clunking it’s just engine vibration. Whilst cruising if I pull the clutch in and play with the throttle I can feel the same vibration so I am happy it’s not anything more. Interestingly the bike is smoother on pickup and the gear shift pro is also smoother. Thanks to all those who offered help/ advice, and I hope this update helps others with similar issues... Nick

Welcome chaps - I am a new forum joiner too. Also in Lancashire (only just...I can just about throw a stone over the Cumbria border).
    K1200RS owner, but with a brand new R1200GS LC on order (collect next week I hope)...

Welcome to the forum Martin, looks like we need to arrange a northwest get together as there seems to be a few of us👍

I'd be up for that.. A few of us did a run to. Southport on Wednesday.. It was heaving

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12