Suspension opinions.

Fool

Reaction score
My 2006 GSA came with lowered (50mm) Wilber suspension. I have the original suspension (front and back) with the bike and it was changed in 2007.
Although the ride is good, I am curious to put the original suspension back in (I think I’m tall enough).
The Wilber is set for 80kg + luggage. I’m potentially riding 2 up with luggage so I’m thinking that the standard would be better and give me more adjustment for pillion and luggage against the Wilber.

Anyone got any thoughts or advice?

Average BMW suspensions are set for 80kg riders, if you change for sure you will get more travel, but you will need to change the footrest and center stand also, you can get them often on fleabay, or on here when you subscribe, the 50mm height is quite a bit, my mate lowered his 2009 and did not like it, went back to standard, and is on his tiptoes, but he prefers the ride.

The stock suspension has been used for 18 months (although its 12 year old).

Just thinking, instead of re-springing to a heavier spring, the standard will serve purpose if I revert back to standard

Not knowing what the bike is supposed to be like, I’m just not sure what to expect.

If going by my mates impressions, bike rides the same, just higher, however it is a little harder for him now to get it up on the centerstand.

Back
Top Bottom