Silencer change

foxxytrail

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
ok so I am hoping someone might be able to help with this one
I own a 2018 adventure rally and want to change the end can for something lighter, runs cooler and sounds better to that end I have a Zach can from a 2016 bike, part no 2467 its an e4 and fits the K50/51.

my questions are, before I go to the bother of brackets and alike, is this likely to effect the bike in a negative or positive way? and is there any thing more I might have to do or am I better to sell the can, and invest in a specific one for my year? the Zach is mint with only 100 miles on it. I am based in the UK cheers in advance!.

If it's come from a 2016 it will fit your 2018 even though your 2018 is a Euro 4 bike and the 2016 being a Euro 3

Doesn't the can come with the necessary hardware to fit it on ?

yep have the extra connector pipe, so I am guessing that its the same size, angle etc, just did not want to go through fitting if it's going to cause me any running issues

Should be fine. I bought a Remus early this year for my then 2015 GSA but didn’t get round to fitting it so had the dealer fit it when I swapped for 2018 GSA.
Interesting side note I was told the Remus 8 can as used on my bike is the same as used on the Triumph

Should be fine. I bought a Remus early this year for my then 2015 GSA but didn’t get round to fitting it so had the dealer fit it when I swapped for 2018 GSA.
Interesting side note I was told the Remus 8 can as used on my bike is the same as used on the Triumph

thanks guys will take a look at fitting this weekend

If it's come from a 2016 it will fit your 2018 even though your 2018 is a Euro 4 bike and the 2016 being a Euro 3

Late 2016 bikes are Euro 4 (produced Sept on iirc) but the VIN will reveal as there was an overlap whilst the last Euro 3 bikes in showrooms were still being registered. The OP mentioned that his 2016 can is a Euro 4, so he'll be ok.

thanks sea dog, its e4 has a nicer sound to it, don't notice much in the way of gain / loss of power I think it might be running cooler though, at least my leg thinks so lol a little popping from cold but not enough to worry about , any thoughts on titanium headers, a de-cat and I hear a lot about the exhaust flap seizing, if I can scrape it together some time I might even hilltop!

Back
Top Bottom