GPS trying to be helpful(?)

John Roberts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've got a Tomtom which is just over a year old and updated a month ago. I'm using it on a rental car in the US and this evening we were going down south from San Francisco during the rush hour and it offered us seven different diversions due to traffic hold-ups on the fifty-ish mile trip which took us about two and a half hours. We accepted all seven suggested diversions and didn't actually have any hold ups and ended up wondering if the Tomtom was taking the piss all along. :D

We've done about three thousand miles with it in the States in the last few weeks but this is the first time it's given us diversion suggestions, for instance yesterday it missed a golden opportunity to notify us of road works by Lake Almanor which wasted us forty minutes, as I said it was updated a month or so ago so is the wretched thing actually throwing a wobbly?

Apart from the above I must say it's been great. :)

Pics? .....
Eermm, well, thousands and thousands actually, but I can't download them while away. The thing is, I take so many on holiday I just get bogged down with the sheer numbers when I try to make a ride (drive) report. Perhaps your gentle nudge will get things moving when I get home this time ...
:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom