Discounts on current GSA Rallye?

As a comparison Marshalls want my GSA1200LC TE of 2015 vintage with 24k mls and 8k cash to change to the pre reg GSA Rallye TE. Is the new model 8k better than what i have bearing in mind my 2015 model has been extremely reliable...

As a comparison Marshalls want my GSA1200LC TE of 2015 vintage with 24k mls and 8k cash to change to the pre reg GSA Rallye TE. Is the new model 8k better than what i have bearing in mind my 2015 model has been extremely reliable...

I doubt it
8k to swap is madness
You could have a lightly used AT or 1190 KTM alongside for £8k and keep your 15 GS Adv
That means they are not giving you much more than £8-9k for the 15 plate - how much was it new?? £15k??
Seems they don't want your trade in

Yep me too when I went.

TD

I doubt it
8k to swap is madness
You could have a lightly used AT or 1190 KTM alongside for £8k and keep your 15 GS Adv
That means they are not giving you much more than £8-9k for the 15 plate - how much was it new?? £15k??

Yes it was a shade above £15k and no i won't be doing a deal with them...

I also popped into Marshall yesterday, bike still available, really nice white with blue decals 1200GSA, I just did Bmw config £18,380 list, so £1580 discount, tempted myself, although the new 1250cc is due soon, do I want the tried & tested existing model.......

I doubt it
8k to swap is madness

This is my dilemma as I quite like the idea of a bit more grunt and no ESA, but £8k to change when there’s nowt wrong with my 2014 bike (with 2016 engine and driveshaft) is madness. Like you say, I could buy a very nice second bike with that money and not suffer any or much depreciation, especially as I’m 50 in February and never owned a litre sportsbike, so a GSX-R1000K6 appeals

This is my dilemma as I quite like the idea of a bit more grunt and no ESA, but £8k to change when there’s nowt wrong with my 2014 bike (with 2016 engine and driveshaft) is madness. Like you say, I could buy a very nice second bike with that money and not suffer any or much depreciation, especially as I’m 50 in February and never owned a litre sportsbike, so a GSX-R1000K6 appeals

That would be more like it

Why chuck away another £8k in an upgrade when you've already burned £6k (£14k new v £8k px value) in the BMW pot
It's a mugs game unless you want to have the latest shiny shiny
I think now I am 50+ there is more kudos in something older but capable with a story to tell of its life so far
Bikes are way overpriced compared to cars

Or you could put eight thousand pounds in your pocket and have the trip of a lifetime on your existing bike.

I’ve been following this thread. The best deal on a GSA Rallye TE with TFT so far is £16490 from John Clarke, this is new 68 Reg. Next best is Williams at £16990, 4 miles 68 Reg. This bike has TFT emergency call and alarm. (So the same deal) Pidcock have 4 bikes in stock, but are quoting list!
These are advertised prices, so would be interested to see what people are actually paying, or getting foc. I’m off on holls for 4 weeks, so will take the plunge when I get back. I leave it in the hands of fate, either a better deal then, or all sold.
This must have an impact on secondhand prices.

Just bought a brand-new ex-stock GS1200TE... Got around £2k off :)
Basically paid less than some 2nd hand ones are being sold (or asked) for...
There's not many un-registered 1200's left tho. I know there were 3 in Viner.
If you're getting a new TE/Exclusive/Rallye for £15k or less, that's a good deal?

That would be more like it

Why chuck away another £8k in an upgrade when you've already burned £6k (£14k new v £8k px value) in the BMW pot
It's a mugs game unless you want to have the latest shiny shiny
I think now I am 50+ there is more kudos in something older but capable with a story to tell of its life so far
Bikes are way overpriced compared to cars

Exactly that, for 8 grand you could have 8 JB bikes, or some great touring holidays...........:D

I’ve been following this thread. The best deal on a GSA Rallye TE with TFT so far is £16490 from John Clarke, this is new 68 Reg. Next best is Williams at £16990, 4 miles 68 Reg. This bike has TFT emergency call and alarm. (So the same deal) Pidcock have 4 bikes in stock, but are quoting list!
These are advertised prices, so would be interested to see what people are actually paying, or getting foc. I’m off on holls for 4 weeks, so will take the plunge when I get back. I leave it in the hands of fate, either a better deal then, or all sold.
This must have an impact on secondhand prices.
Best way is to go in F2F, and make a sensible offer, based on the promise of a deposit before you leave the building. I would have been happy with a new "Basic" GS1250 (comes with LED lights, TFT etc as standard). A "base" GS1250 is £14025 (with heated grips and cruise control) so that was my starting haggle. Got my GS1200TE for a little more :)

Back
Top Bottom