Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Gael warning in the Congo

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    And in other, more prosaic news: the repaired (sole glued back) boot looks fine after a day's riding:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    This innocuous photo shows a flattish bit of gravel with Simon in front of the Toyota. This illustrates a scene to be repeated on the road from Sumbe to Lobito. The track was not always the flat gravel shown here but a mixture of rubble, old tarmac, the foundations of the original road and to my delight the occasional batches of sand. As many of will know I'm a tarmac rider and dislike gravel but on these off-road sections, gravel was my preferred surface in comparison to the rest.

In truth, riding 50km of these surfaces, following a disappearing GS, on a 125 road going Suzuki was never going to be easy, and so it proved. However, the only part of the Suzuki to touch the surface was the tyres and the only part of the rider to contact the ground was his boots. The bike did well and suffered no damage despite having an unprotected sump. I know this is Africa but am hoping for less challenging riding days ahead.

Now resting up in an excellent hotel to recharge the batteries, both electrical and human.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920