New R1200 RS Nav mount

markymark

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just ordered a new 2018 1200 rs sport se with the built in Nav 6 mount, if I want to remove this & fit a standard 1" Ram ball mount for my Zumo 390 what size Torx bolts do I need to secure handlebars on securely once the BMW nav mount is removed ?

Many thanks, Mark :thumb

An interesting issue as the RS bars kind of resemble Clip on in that there is no actual bar available to bolt anything onto as all the (very short) bar is taken up with grips, switches and levers. There are various after market mounts available though.

Just ordered a new 2018 1200 rs sport se with the built in Nav 6 mount, if I want to remove this & fit a standard 1" Ram ball mount for my Zumo 390 what size Torx bolts do I need to secure handlebars on securely once the BMW nav mount is removed ?

Many thanks, Mark :thumb

If you want to dispose of this nuisance mount, out of the goodness of my heart, I will take it off your hands !!

M8x 30
You can easily find them on Ebay

If you want to dispose of this nuisance mount, out of the goodness of my heart, I will take it off your hands !!

I'm sure you would Ian, I'll keep it just in case the wife buys me a nav 6 for Christmas ;)

Thanks for the reply N1Rat, I saw they are M8 x 30 on ebay, Cheers

Whilst I was removing the sat nav mount, I fitted Wunderlich bar risers, which came with suitable bolts.

Incidentally, I also have a Zumo 390, which I have attached to a 1" RAM ball on the clutch lever clamp. Perfect position for it and the RAM part comes in the standard fitting kit.

If you fit the Hornig mount, does that accept the existing lockable OEM mount from the bike? Or do you have to lose the lockable ability?

If you fit the Hornig mount, does that accept the existing lockable OEM mount from the bike? Or do you have to lose the lockable ability?

No it just mounts onto the Hornig Mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just jack the OEM mount up a couple of inches with a couple of pieces of bar. Long threads on the other forum.

I’ve been happy with my mod for years. Cost 50p.

I’m sticking with the OEM lockable Mount as the 4 button one I acquired doesn’t lock.

Back
Top Bottom