Touratech Suspension

John_mx

Reaction score
Hello,

Any one using the Touratech extreme suspension?

I am looking on putting it on my 2006 R1200GS you see but i thought i would get some thoughts on it first :)

John.

Hi John,
I bought the Touratech / Tractive suspension for my 2012 GSA. I went for the "High end" rear and "level one" front.
It transformed the bike. The units are really well made and have a huge range of adjustment.
I've recently changed my bike to a new water cooled model. The suspension isn't a patch on the Touratech stuff, and I'll be upgrading soon (I'd definitely get the same again).
I have an Urban g/s too... That would be getting the Touratech units if they made them, but looks like I'll be stuck with Wilbers or Ohlins on that one.

I put my Touratech units in the classifieds couple of week's ago.... Have a search.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Can't see how to do a link...
Search the classifieds with the word "tractive" and the advert appears. Loads more info there.

"You can get the same units directly from them for a lot less cash"

Er... That bit isn't quite true.

"You can get the same units directly from them for a lot less cash"

Er... That bit isn't quite true.

To be fair I was being "concise" but Touratech are generally an expensive way to achieve a moderate result. I would rather cut out the middle man.

Hi John,
I bought the Touratech / Tractive suspension for my 2012 GSA. I went for the "High end" rear and "level one" front.
It transformed the bike. The units are really well made and have a huge range of adjustment.
I've recently changed my bike to a new water cooled model. The suspension isn't a patch on the Touratech stuff, and I'll be upgrading soon (I'd definitely get the same again).
I have an Urban g/s too... That would be getting the Touratech units if they made them, but looks like I'll be stuck with Wilbers or Ohlins on that one.

I put my Touratech units in the classifieds couple of week's ago.... Have a search.
Cheers

Were yours the normal or ESA shocks ? I am seriously looking at their ESA replacements, they look the bollocks and are significantly cheaper than Ohlins. Can't find many people that have used them. Do they customise the shock/spring for lanky/fat people ??

if it's got touratech on the label out of principal I wouldn't have it on my bike.

you can get better without giving money to that company

if it's got touratech on the label out of principal I wouldn't have it on my bike.

you can get better without giving money to that company

I agree in principle, their "quality" has gone to shit recently. But in this instance 1) The stuff is not made by Touratech, rather Tractive and 2) you can buy it from another supplier (Rally Raid) and not Touratech.

Were yours the normal or ESA shocks ? I am seriously looking at their ESA replacements, they look the bollocks and are significantly cheaper than Ohlins. Can't find many people that have used them. Do they customise the shock/spring for lanky/fat people ??
I went from standard ESA to Touratech manual. They change spring rates (if needed) and set damping clickers as appropriate.
I rate them really highly.

I went from standard ESA to Touratech manual. They change spring rates (if needed) and set damping clickers as appropriate.
I rate them really highly.

Did you buy from TT or some other supplier ?

Did you buy from TT or some other supplier ?
From TT.
My experience with them has always been positive. I have no interest in covering my bikes in trinkets, but have used TT for clothing, luggage, etc.
They let me down on a delivery once... They made up for their mistake in a way that made me very happy.

I've still got the suspension units boxed up in my house; Come and have a look at them if you like. I live near Stockport.

Back
Top Bottom