What is this ?

the civil one

Reaction score
Currently working on an NTX650 Guzzi , and whist going through the Electrics under the Front fairing i stumble on this ,
I have no idea what is is ,,, ? ,,,

Attachments

• 20180930_225947.jpg
    20180930_225947.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 354
Had one on my SP3

I had one on a 75/7 BMW, confused the life out of me initially, it linked to the indicators (obviously), but it was also lined to the clutch, so it was silent, if you stopped at traffic lights etc in gear with the clutch in, so as you slowed down, going through the gears, it sounded as if it had a fault. Slowly the penny dropped as to how it was working.

:blast

My initial thought , Thank you . The reason i asked is that there is a Click click click coming from Midship so there must be Twa

Thank you one and All , Its off as soon as work resumes.

Correct!
I had one on my 1976 Honda 750F1. It didn't stay on for very long!

I had a 76 maroon F1 Khulu; MET 812P. Can't remember the bleeper on that; and it was bog stock when i bought it in 78.

In the old old day's when bikes had old fashioned mechanical relays

when you putthe indicator on you would hear the clicking of the relay ..

Newer solid state relays were silent, so adding a bleeper gave an additional warning of the indicator being left on .

nowdays with self canceling indicators its as much use as a chocolate teapot :)

I had a 76 maroon F1 Khulu; MET 812P. Can't remember the bleeper on that; and it was bog stock when i bought it in 78.

Mine was also maroon - NLT364P. I bought in new in west London and rode it home to Scotland (after a weekend of running-in and a first service on Monday morning).

I had one on a 75/7 BMW, confused the life out of me initially, it linked to the indicators (obviously), but it was also lined to the clutch, so it was silent, if you stopped at traffic lights etc in gear with the clutch in, so as you slowed down, going through the gears, it sounded as if it had a fault. Slowly the penny dropped as to how it was working.

:blast

I still have a brand new boxed BMW indicator beeper :D. it was a simple plug in retro fit for all other models at the time, typical old school BMW.

Back
Top Bottom