Small rack bag ?

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
I have a pat5rhelogical hatred off top boxes but need to cart butties and waterproofs to work.
I have an Oxford Tail pack that fits on the pillion seat but I struggle to get my leg over (ooer matron!).

Any one have any suggestions for a small/ medium size bag that will secure on the rack of an 13200R, and be secure enough to leave on the bike?

Get a top box.

You don't have a pat5rhelogical hatred off top boxes (whatever that means), you have an irrational dislike of them.

You want a small, secure container at the back of the bike to store small to medium sized items.

That'll be a top box.

Get a top box.

no top box

use a tuppa were box,
they also come in a variety of colours too.
and not that expensive neither.:augie

use a tuppa were box,
they also come in a variety of colours too.
and not that expensive neither.:augie
Good point.

Put the sandwiches in a Tupperware box. It'll stop you getting crumbs in your top box.

also, for extra security,you could also super glue the lid shut.

Hi
I have a pat5rhelogical hatred off top boxes but need to cart butties and waterproofs to work.
I have an Oxford Tail pack that fits on the pillion seat but I struggle to get my leg over (ooer matron!).

Any one have any suggestions for a small/ medium size bag that will secure on the rack of an 13200R, and be secure enough to leave on the bike?

Pathological!!! just think they are ugly, each to their own

ian,on a serious note,
it all depends where the bike is left/parked up and left,nothing is safe left unattended but the top is your best bet.
dont forget theirs always clip on tank bags ?

Get a Pelicase. Not as big as a top box, but waterproof and discreet (ish), depending on what size you get.

Here’s mine.....

Attachments

• F27E753F-7488-4465-878B-26D38AA9FB08.jpg
    F27E753F-7488-4465-878B-26D38AA9FB08.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 187
Nah, top boxes are hoooge. This is discreet.;)
It is indeed a discreet top box and I applaud you for it.

I never said it had to be huge.

Indeed I have two for my R, one huge one that goes on with panniers for touring, and one far smaller one that's just big enough for the bag I take to work, inside which will be the Tupperware box enclosing my sandwiches.

Rucksack, nobody will steal it off your back.

Other than that, just use your imagination as to what sort of bag or box will suit your style. Then use your imagination as how to use it, fix it to your bike and everything else. It’s fun, it’s free, they can’t touch you for it and not least it will confirm your rugged independence, that ellusive ‘Stand out from the crowd’ impression you crave.

Get a Pelicase. Not as big as a top box, but waterproof and discreet (ish), depending on what size you get.

Here’s mine.....

The top box may be small and discreet but that Akra is mahoosive

I had not realised just how big the Akra for that bike is and seems a complete waste of money compared to the standard pipe in as much as there is little aesthetic difference

I had not realised just how big the Akra for that bike is and seems a complete waste of money compared to the standard pipe in as much as there is little aesthetic difference
I suspect it offers slightly increased power with legal noise levels (baffle in) with significantly lower weight.

A smaller exhaust will give you similar power with a lot more noise or lower power with the same noise.

That's why I got rid of it and went with a Wings! :green gri

Back
Top Bottom