RDS Sensor Purchase.

On an old unit, it would make sense to change the TPS battery anyway. Then a wake up routine should have enough power to actually wake the sensor and outlast the new tyre. The battery job not especially hard to do.

It's interesting to see the valve stem is removable. I have not tried but they are quite fragile so worth knowing of one gets broken.

a784fe27410d1d34f156003aa4d655e9.jpg

I thought the sensors with the separate valve stem were for LC bikes only ( That is what a BMW dealer told me).
I had found a supplier of the sensors with the separate valve stem, Phoned a main dealer and they told me that they were not compatible with the Hex head.
Does anyone have any more info on these ?

Likewise, I couldnt wake a new tyre pressure sensor by deflating and had to take my bike to BMW. Even with the official wake up tool it kept going to sleep before they could copy the code to the ecu, it took several attempts.

When you have it sorted, use the GS911 to display the codes then write them down somewhere safe.

I've ordered one of those ebay wake up tools, thanks for the link.

Yup...Got one used sensor delivered and thought Id try the new tool out whilst sensor not on the bike. Used the GS to clear the existing code then used the tool to activate the used sensor. The id code of the used sensor automatically appeared in my chosen slot on the computer screen via the GS....Rear set A.

Very straight forward...I will change the batteries before installation of the newly sourced used sensors..Would recommend that tool to all...

I thought the sensors with the separate valve stem were for LC bikes only ( That is what a BMW dealer told me).
I had found a supplier of the sensors with the separate valve stem, Phoned a main dealer and they told me that they were not compatible with the Hex head.
Does anyone have any more info on these ?

I was told that also....Certain RT versions come with a mix of the two different sensors....One sensor with the removable stem and the other with the normal one... The normal one can be used on the hexhead...

Yup...Got one used sensor delivered and thought Id try the new tool out whilst sensor not on the bike. Used the GS to clear the existing code then used the tool to activate the used sensor. The id code of the used sensor automatically appeared in my chosen slot on the computer screen via the GS....Rear set A.

Very straight forward...I will change the batteries before installation of the newly sourced used sensors..Would recommend that tool to all...

Thats good to know as I didn't get any luck waking my origjnal rear sensor after a DIY battery change in the past, so I bought and fitted a new sensor and ended up getting BMW to code that to the bike. The original sensor is in my odds and ends GS spares box, I will do another battery swap with a solder tag cell and follow your method with my GS911 to test it.

Thats good to know as I didn't get any luck waking my origjnal rear sensor after a DIY battery change in the past, so I bought and fitted a new sensor and ended up getting BMW to code that to the bike. The original sensor is in my odds and ends GS spares box, I will do another battery swap with a solder tag cell and follow your method with my GS911 to test it.

Excellent...I think that when I get my other sensor I may take a few pics and do a guide to upload on here...Maybe useful to some????

Great info thanks! I did change a battery in one a few years ago, battery did not last long (locally bought in Riyadh) so ordered 2 new ones. First ones were with detachable stems - wrong! Replaced with correct type and fitted them. Took time to get them connected, using GS911, but it got done and worked fine thereafter. I now have a rear TPS that comes and goes, think I would use a flexible goo this time, not Araldite - no particular reason.

Great info thanks! I did change a battery in one a few years ago, battery did not last long (locally bought in Riyadh) so ordered 2 new ones. First ones I got were with detachable stems - wrong! Replaced with correct type and fitted them. Took time to get them connected, using GS911, but it got done and worked fine thereafter. I now have a rear TPS that comes and goes, think I would use a flexible goo this time, not Araldite - no particular reason.

Back
Top Bottom