Anybody ordered a new 1250?

Reggie353

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has ordered a new 1250?

Just wondering if anybody has ordered a new 1250?

Giving my 65 plate gsa back in November
I’m going to wait for the new gsa to come out then get that.
I’m hoping they will keep my deposit from my trade in till I can order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rallye ordered for March delivery. Have RT wheels waiting to be powder coated.

Just waiting to see one in the flesh before deciding wheel colour!

At Cologne Show

Went to the Cologne Show today (brilliant) on my 2018 1200. Compared it with the 1250. Seems identical to look at (apart from BMW badged brake calipers rather than Brembo) and the engine a little wider due to increased stroke.
One fitted with lots of hp parts: master cylinders, brake levers, gear change, engine covers.

Attachments

• 7104BCD7-127C-431E-AA96-EA2033023B5F.jpg
    7104BCD7-127C-431E-AA96-EA2033023B5F.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 1,508
Booked in for a test ride this weekend ...but the bikes been delayed .....not a great start

Booked in for a test ride this weekend ...but the bikes been delayed .....not a great start

So they’re not at dealers this weekend then?

I hope you’re joking.

It's good to know that BMW are concentrating their cost cutting on non-critical components like wheels and brakes :aidan

RBW.

Went to the Cologne Show today (brilliant) on my 2018 1200. Compared it with the 1250. Seems identical to look at (apart from BMW badged brake calipers rather than Brembo) and the engine a little wider due to increased stroke.
One fitted with lots of hp parts: master cylinders, brake levers, gear change, engine covers.

The front callipers are made by US brake manufacturer Hayes - who also make callipers for Harley-Davidson. The shots I’ve seen show a Brembo rear calliper. I don’t seem to have any issues with the radial Brembo callipers on my GS or RS, so can only assume it’s a cost-saving measure (It does say that Hayes want to be the number 1 motorcycle brake company in the world on their website, so maybe they undercut Brembo!)

Back
Top Bottom