1290 Vs Vespa

Apex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I’m enjoying the bends down to Potas when I see there’s a Vespa in my mirrors. “No...don’t race him Chris”. Let him through. No protective gear. Shorts, tee shirt and trainers. What a plonker. However, off he went so I thought ‘no harm in keeping up’ :augie

Realised quite quickly that if he had a crash, in a way, I’d be partially responsible, so decided to back off. Fun while it lasted though. I struggled to keep up with him in the twisties! :D

Attachments

• 10E3848B-F350-4C0C-9FAC-1A809BB9B2C2.jpg
    10E3848B-F350-4C0C-9FAC-1A809BB9B2C2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 327
Little blighter!

Attachments

• A2D28AC1-ED97-4D51-9995-CF3142E99BAF.jpg
    A2D28AC1-ED97-4D51-9995-CF3142E99BAF.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 338
Quite amazing what local knowledge can do

The fastest thing we saw in the picos last week was the local laundry van

He was living on luck and a smigeon of skill but going so bloody fast on the very twisty often full hairpin blind corners that we let him go

I was totally annilated by two guys on push bikes in the Dolomites (going down hill before some clever clogs chips in....)

Andres

Is that a GoPro on his helmet? He’ll be posting a YouTube video of how he out ran a 1290SA

Yes...and I'm sure he has a whole channel devoted to teaching big bikes a lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it might be dressed up as a 50cc, but I reckon it must've been a 300. 50cc bikes don't pull like that! :green gri

Serious brake upgrades too.

I’ve had some great races with the Italian locals on their scooters in the twisties over the years. Let them get past, watch and enjoy them showing you all the local roads, at silly speeds. :clap

We got carved up around the Peripherque in Paris by everything from a girl on a scooter to a bloke on a fully dressed Road King. Bravery is only separated from recklessness by a very small margin.

They do it every day, I hope I never do it again.....

We got carved up around the Peripherque in Paris by everything from a girl on a scooter to a bloke on a fully dressed Road King. Bravery is only separated from recklessness by a very small margin.

They do it every day, I hope I never do it again.....

Hazards on, lock onto a scooter and buckle up for what must be one of Europe’s best rides ~ the Pyrenees have nothing on the Periphique :)

Andres

Hazards on, lock onto a scooter and buckle up for what must be one of Europe’s best rides ~ the Pyrenees have nothing on the Periphique :)

Andres

Cookie and I did just that on our recent jaunt except it was a fully dressed K1600 rider equipped with boat shoes and chino's instead of the more usual shorts and flip flops, we were near Versailles when he passed us at some speed and as you say the hazards went on and he plowed a furrow between 2 lines of crawling traffic, we tagged on in his wake for as long as we dared, death and carnage seemed inevitable so we backed out having gained a few km's and lost our riding buddies in the process :D

Andres

Yep, great fun, done it a couple of times this year . Previously when working there I did see the aftermath of when things do go wrong though. It does happen, and frequently !

So I’m enjoying the bends down to Potas when I see there’s a Vespa in my mirrors. “No...don’t race him Chris”. Let him through. No protective gear. Shorts, tee shirt and trainers. What a plonker. However, off he went so I thought ‘no harm in keeping up’ :augie

Realised quite quickly that if he had a crash, in a way, I’d be partially responsible, so decided to back off. Fun while it lasted though. I struggled to keep up with him in the twisties! :D

So he's the plonker, and you backed off in case your pursuit could be responsible if he crashed!

I’d suggest don’t worry about him and concentrate on your own skills :D

death and carnage seemed inevitable so we backed out having gained a few km's and lost our riding buddies in the process :D

Isn’t it frustrating when that happens?! One of my mates (not Bounce :p) always backs right off in the event of a play with the locals; I end up having to wait by the side of the road for him for about 10 minutes afterwards. :blast

Back
Top Bottom