its time chaps and its gotta go

With all this recent heavy PCP Discounting on the Africa Twin, I'd be very interested in how easy you sell your bike, and what price you eventually get for it.

I honestly don't know what your experience will be???

With all this recent heavy PCP Discounting on the Africa Twin, I'd be very interested in how easy you sell your bike, and what price you eventually get for it.

I honestly don't know what your experience will be???

And that's exactly it, the dealer specials have killed private residuals and so now they don't sell privately, check ebag completed, the same bikes week after week and several that are also been listed here.

Best of luck tho

I wonder what a trader would offer you on the Africa Twin as a PX, rather than trying to sell it privately...

And that's exactly it, the dealer specials have killed private residuals and so now they don't sell privately, check ebag completed, the same bikes week after week and several that are also been listed here.

Best of luck tho

So, say 10,000 Africa Twins have been registered (I’m pulling that number out of the sky), and a dealer does a silly deal on 100, does that mean that all 10,000 bikes will then take a massive hit based on the hundred cheap bikes? Or would the people with the hundred cheap bikes lose very little, or nothing, come resale time?

Same with the GT. One dealer did a silly deal on a handful of bikes, so how can that suddenly wipe the residual value from every bike registered? I could understand if it was an ongoing deal, but how can a deal that only lasted a few days permanently kill residuals? I asked Premier for a GT a few weeks after that deal, and they said there was no chance of getting anything close to it.

So, say 10,000 Africa Twins have been registered (I’m pulling that number out of the sky), and a dealer does a silly deal on 100, does that mean that all 10,000 bikes will then take a massive hit based on the hundred cheap bikes? Or would the people with the hundred cheap bikes lose very little, or nothing, come resale time?

Short term = dip

Long term = it will even out and if the bike is a good bike prices will be good as it's in demand

Same with the GT. One dealer did a silly deal on a handful of bikes, so how can that suddenly wipe the residual value from every bike registered? I could understand if it was an ongoing deal, but how can a deal that only lasted a few days permanently kill residuals? I asked Premier for a GT a few weeks after that deal, and they said there was no chance of getting anything close to it.

..... Is my way of thinking.

It’s still pitched against other makes in the 2nd hand market.

Short term = dip

Long term = it will even out and if the bike is a good bike prices will be good as it's in demand

The only time it would cause a problem is if everyone wants to sell at the same time. :augie

But even then, it’s only temporary. It’ll even out in a year or two, unless that dealer makes a habit of slashing the prices every year.

The only time it would cause a problem is if everyone wants to sell at the same time. :augie

But even then, it’s only temporary. It’ll even out in a year or two, unless that dealer makes a habit of slashing the prices every year.

Or the bike is a lemon

Not all bikes are popular

So, say 10,000 Africa Twins have been registered (I’m pulling that number out of the sky), and a dealer does a silly deal on 100, does that mean that all 10,000 bikes will then take a massive hit based on the hundred cheap bikes?

The number would be nearer 1500, only 450 were sold in 2016......

Thanks for all your comments, im fortunate that i dont need to sell and can keep hold of it, it will just sit in the garage and i will try again in the spring.

Not a great time of year to sell and have had numerous PM's about selling all the bits, maybe i will strip it down :thumby:

Ktm Rd bikes have never had great residuals, however I personally think this method of discount does kill residuals for the present model for a lengthy timescale, the bike fraternity don't forget such discounts, I would never buy another GT at retail and my feeling is mirrored across the the Ktm forum, it loses confident in the brand.

Whilst the dealer could not offer you a bike, that's understandable especially as the dealer paid more than the price it was being sold by Ktm. Ktm uk had 450 bikes to shift this outweighed previous registered sales for the GT (you can check bikes registered)

If you think it's nonsense, look at the market, eBay - bike forums .

Ktm Rd bikes have never had great residuals, however I personally think this method of discount does kill residuals for the present model for a lengthy timescale, the bike fraternity don't forget such discounts, I would never buy another GT at retail and my feeling is mirrored across the the Ktm forum, it loses confident in the brand.

Whilst the dealer could not offer you a bike, that's understandable especially as the dealer paid more than the price it was being sold by Ktm. Ktm uk had 450 bikes to shift this outweighed previous registered sales for the GT (you can check bikes registered)

If you think it's nonsense, look at the market, eBay - bike forums .

I guess that’s always the issue with a more unpopular model. If they can’t sell them, the only option is to offer big discounts to shift stock.

I really like the look of the new 2019 GT, but wouldn’t pay anywhere near retail for one, if I ever get one, for fear of the arse being ripped out of the residuals if they ever discount them again.

once the prices get to around the 5 or 6 grand figure they won’t go lower for a long time. They are a great bike and the reliability of the Africa twin will be something people will look for on an older bike out of warranty. I had a bit of a job selling my first one and had to reduce to 7800 which I wasn’t particularly happy about (paid £9200 secondhand from a dealer) but I got a cheap one from Dobles along with everyone one else so swings and roundabouts really.

Didn't Adventure Boy get offered near 8.5k px against a new one recently from Dobles.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I got offered £7400 as px against a nearly new bike on Friday, so that's only £5100 down the shitter. I am starting to think I may well keep it, the plan was to go down to two bikes as I am starting to get back into 4 wheels, but it wont hurt to have it there if I want to ride it.

Thanks for all your comments, im fortunate that i dont need to sell and can keep hold of it, it will just sit in the garage and i will try again in the spring.

Not a great time of year to sell and have had numerous PM's about selling all the bits, maybe i will strip it down :thumby:

Probably the best idea, and then in Spring should be a tad easier to sell, as bike will be a little cheaper, and some do not want all the farkles, or expect them for free with the bike...;)

Didn't Adventure Boy get offered near 8.5k px against a new one recently from Dobles.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I did
I told Big Den about the deal but Granted that was a week before they started selling Adventure Sports for under £10K a Figure thats now changed at Dobles to £10799 !!
Honda do this all the time I bought a new VFR800 in 2008 and a week later they started discounting them by £500 and giving panniers for free, I complained to Honda and got a pair of panniers for nothing, Didnt get the £500 though then exactly the same on a 2010 VFR1200 did the same and got another set of panniers !!

Anyway LBL sell me your bloody seat I need one LOL
Rob

I don't follow prices over there but that appears like a good deal on a well equipped, low mileage AT. Is it a 2017 or 2018?

I had somewhat the same issue having a 2014 GSA along with the 16 AT which somewhat duplicated. Ended up trading the GSA which had 32,000 miles in on a new leftover 2016 RS to better round out the garage.

Back
Top Bottom