1250 brake calipers

The only guarantee will be that BMW are getting them cheaper than the Brembo ones so increasing their profit margins

They look like the ones I spotted at the weekend on the 310 GS 🤭

On the other side they could well be better than the standard option now offered by Brembro , worth putting in the mix .
Ill let you know later this year as long as its not 2 ft in snow....

Downgrade for sure..thought they would have put Brembo M50's on the 1250, as on KTM and Ducati's offerings

As long as I can remember, every upgrade that BMW has come up with has always meant improved brakes compared to previous generation.

So, even if I share the scepticism shared by a few postings I think I will wait and decide after a test ride..

And... that's a take the caliper off to change the pads type of caliper.

Which I always do anyway.

Not sure I like the concept of the pins being retained by ping-fuckit circlips.

Yes, how irritating! If they’re anything like the first edition screen circlips you won’t have to worry as they won’t be there the first time you change the pads...

The new brakes have better "bite" than the Brembos on the -18's.....

As long as I can remember, every upgrade that BMW has come up with has always meant improved brakes compared to previous generation.

So, even if I share the scepticism shared by a few postings I think I will wait and decide after a test ride..

Yep...like the servo shit that lasted 3 years and than BM went back to non servo breaks. Yes that was a great idea:rolleyes:

Cool litte report would be nice.

The bike tested was the HP, i.e BMW racing colors with gold colored rims, and it had very low miles that required gentle handling of the engine. There were also a long list of test riders, so only limited time for each of us.

Basically it's an -18 with new paint and new heads. Suspension is slightly improved yet again, probably improved shocks and software. Allegedly the geometry is unchanged. The engine behaved quite "sweet", with an improved pull at lower rpm. Due to the bike being so new I did not try test the top end. The initial feeling did not provide a dramatic wow, rather the feeling of riding the next step of the evolution. No vibration or jerking. But even so, it runs lean, aimed to meet Euro-5. I don't think Hiltop and AF-XIED will loose their marked.

The sound from the engine has been commented already, quite frankly it reminded me of the sound of the 1200 LC, noise level as well as any other aspect. May be there is a difference at higher RPM, which I did not try.

The brakes worked great, they gave a more distinct bite than previous models.

The key question, is upgrading to the 1250 worth it? A friend of mine has a loaded -18 GSA. He did not want to upgrade yet, and I agree. My self, owner of a -15 GSA, to me, upgrading will be done. I'm waiting for the GSA though. But my plans are to enter the -19 season with a -19 GSA...:beerjug:

As for the engine and higher HP such as the KTM and Ducati offers, my personal view is: forget it. The boxer was and will continue to be the master of low end and mid range torque. For higher RPMs, the boxer will not be the way to go, unless you go to 4 cyl. The two jugs with their reciprocal movement pumps too much air in and out of the crankcase. No matter what technology is being applied, a V-twin will always be able to do even more. But even the 1200 LC offers way more power than yours truly is able to handle, so my only reason for upgrading is, as is probably the case for most of us, because I want one. I enjoy the torque, it is so well suited to my favorite roads:bow

Back
Top Bottom