2006 r1200rt loss of power

drummingbeemerman

Reaction score
Hi all any feedback here would be fab , took to the wild atlantic way today here in Ireland and have found my rt to be a little unresponsive in 4 th and 5th gears , kinda like a little spluttery and not responding to throttle fast . will take a couple of seconds to gain power but no engine management lite comin on nor any problem starting , also notices rev counter slightly fluctuating as it idles .the bike got new plugs and filters but dont know if the fuel one was done. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANKS IN ADVANCE . The mileage on the bike is 64000kms

Sounds like the coils stick starting to break down - quite difficult to trace at this stage unless there is a coil tester used.
Stick with it and it should develop properly, but still allow a limp home.

Or a bad tank of fuel ?

We filled up in Mayo a few years ago and got 1/4 tank of ditch water, had to drain and wipe out the tank.

Deffo not a bad tank of fuel Chopper , i have filled tank twice and it still persists . Someone i spoke to this eve said it prob was a tpf sensor for the fuel thats gone wrong and costs about 200.00 euro but is an easy fit . Has anyone heard of anyone replacing this?

Back
Top Bottom