Corbin (front seat) GSA LC review

eisen77

Reaction score
I have seen very few (if any) reviews or pictures of an LC Corbin front seat.
So although i only received mine this morning, i have already been out for a short ride and thought i would share my initial opinion.

I took the medium height (i am about 185cm, 34¨inseam) and it sits me in the bike as opposed to ¨on¨ it. The reach to my (wunderlich up & back) bars is perfect and leg room is fine. I don´t do any major long distance touring, otherwise i would think about getting vario pegs to gain more legroom. I can easily get both feet flat on the ground, something that was not as easy with the Wunderlich.
I felt totally stable & remained in place under both braking & acceleration and after 20 mins felt no pressure points anywhere. I will need a longer ride to gauge comfort over distance, but i will do that later on this week.

The great thing about the Corbin is that i no longer have to play with the seat adjustments; they are completely removed and Corbin has just one fixed position which feels great.
Before, i had to have the Wunderlich seat in High front and Low back, which was fine but left me with back pain after a while (perhaps due to the unnatural tilt or resulting hip position). Now i feel like i have much more support and back/hip/knees all fall into the right places.
The Wunderlich by the way, is a FANTASTIC seat. I am keeping it as a winter/rain season seat, as the Corbin is all leather & stitching and perhaps won´t fair as well in heavy rain.

So, its early days but i am really pleased with the service, construction and comfort of the Corbin.

2018100814460952-IMG_6071-XL.jpg

2018100814133729-IMG_6064-XL.jpg

2018100814465691-IMG_6072-XL.jpg

2018100814133729-IMG_6066-XL.jpg

2018100814133729-IMG_6065-XL.jpg

2018100814133729-IMG_6069-XL.jpg

A quick update.
Today I managed to ride another 100kms (mixed city and motorway).
Seat performed as expected, meaning I didn’t really think about any discomfort or issues when riding. That is a very good thing!
The Corbin definitely commits the rider to a single position. It won’t be for those who like to move around or “hang off” during spirited riding. Much like a Russell Day Long saddle (minus the winglets).
As I mentioned in my previous post, I feel much more “in” the bike and as such the center of gravity feels lower. So city riding & maneuvering felt easier.

When I got home I collected my thoughts & decided to order:

Wunderlich ergo lowering pegs

A “clever lever”

and an adjustable foot brake lever

This will hopefully give me that bit of extra legroom I’m looking for without changing my reach to the bar or general body position which seems to be spot on now.

Stil lovin the Sargent :thumb.
Had a Corbin on my 2005 and whilst it was fine riding, I did find it a little wide and tall at the front, so stops were an increasing pain in the groin.
I also have an SW tank bag - worrying!
Re pegs, I have Fastway from Nippy - cheaper that most, and give a large platform to work from.

Hi Bem.
Glad you’re enjoying the Sargent.

I’ve tried a few hard braking & acceleration runs; all good up front and behind :)
Maybe Corbin reworked or updated the shape for the LC model.

Re the Wunderlich pegs; so far I have been really impressed by their quality and customer service. Although pricey, I believe they’ll do the job well. I’m only looking for a subtle change to give me a bit less bend in my knee. I suppose it’s more degrees of comfort rather than a radical change needed...

Nice to hear from you.

Regards,

E.

Hi E

Where did you order yours from - the Bournemouth shop or direct from the US?

Nin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Nin.
Bought it direct from Mark (and Karen) @ the Bournemouth dealership.
It’s not the first time I’ve dealt with them and it’s always been a great experience. Mark and I talked a lot about seat height, leathers, etc before I made my decisions. He was always patient and quick to respond, as was Karen.

Unfortunately buying US products with the EU is not cheap. But at the end of the day it’s very comfortable & worth not having to deal with customs & import here in Spain. All duties & shipping were included in the price and the seat was UPS’d to me from the UK. From start to finish I received the seat in less than 4 weeks.

No need to stick the US flag on the pan as you can see where it was made when you look at fit & finish and the beauty of the rivets...best thing about Corbin is that the pan alone weighs more than the complete stock seat...;)

Back
Top Bottom