X country - Prepping for winter.

andy5329

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a 650 x country , yellow variant.
I’m going to use as my winter bike, I would like to place a larger screen and Auxiliary LED lights on, any ideas?

Screen seems nails to find.

Spots /lights seem mostly fashion items,wil be spending most of the riding in the dark.

Thanks

The Wunderlich one is a good screen - I have similar shaped one made by Isotta and it is really good.

I’ve emailed them, within a minute replied, screen bought. Super easy

Can I suggest a can of ACF-50, the lower front of the engine will get corroded, or more likely given the age of these bikes, more corroded, give it a spray every couple of weeks then scrape the accumulated shite off in the spring. And plug into a battery charger every night, the alternator is a bit lightweight for extra lights.

Can I suggest a can of ACF-50, the lower front of the engine will get corroded, or more likely given the age of these bikes, more corroded, give it a spray every couple of weeks then scrape the accumulated shite off in the spring. And plug into a battery charger every night, the alternator is a bit lightweight for extra lights.

Very sage

Paint peels off the front of the engine and side cases very easily on them

Thanks for the info, yep coated all over, it’s hard a hard life as a riding school bike before I took it on board.currently having lots of things replaced including engine case.
This was bought for the wife but she prefers been on the back of the GSA.
Hence now setting it up for winter, will save smashing the miles up on the big bike.

Back
Top Bottom