Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS yet ?

I can have a test ride at any time :)

Subject to 3 days notice -- i might put something in the diary for next week ...

The demo has been out today in Aberdeen and I was due to go out at lunch time but it was raining very heavy. Started it up and it sounds nice and every bit as loud as my 2018 GS.
It's stopped raining now and I have been offered to take it away tonight and return in the morning so I may take this offer up.

The demo has been out today in Aberdeen and I was due to go out at lunch time but it was raining very heavy. Started it up and it sounds nice and every bit as loud as my 2018 GS.
It's stopped raining now and I have been offered to take it away tonight and return in the morning so I may take this offer up.

Can the bike not be ridden in the rain....it is Scotland.....:D

Stick,looking forward to your report how much stronger the new motor feels,if the geometry changes have slowed down steering and if the EU-5 exhaust can has affected the exhaust sound in a negative/quieter way...?!
Here in Trumpland we won't see the new 1250's for a while.Economy shit/money tight they have to sell off the old 1200's lingering in warehouses/showroom floors first before they ship they new ones to the land of the fee...:(
And be careful on those shite Bridgestones A41 especially when roads are wet and those crappy american Harley/Hays brake calipers are probably also nothing to write home about either...;)
Good luck and have fun with the new one...:thumby:
We probably get to ride it next spring if the $$$ is still worth the paper it's printed on...

Ok could not resist so just done 50 miles before it got dark. Comparing to my 2018 Rallye TE.
The front brake has more bite but apart from that feels the same once braking as the Brembo. The engine is smoother a quieter and pulls from low revs way harder than the older bike. In fact the bike is deceptively quick you look down at the Speedo and your going a good 10mph faster than you think. Certainly no need to change gears as much since it pulls so well. Did not get it past 6-7k rpm since the roads were still very wet but I'm very pleased with the way the bike goes.
Once on the move the bike is quieter so a factory fit Acropovic has been recommended which is cheaper than before if ordered from new.
I will do another 50 miles tomorrow before handing back and hopefully it will be dry so I can see what the top end it like. Returned 54mpg on the run which is good since it only has 100 miles on the clock.

So certainly a step forward and depending on the deal I may get one earlier than planned :)

Ok could not resist so just done 50 miles before it got dark. Comparing to my 2018 Rallye TE.
The front brake has more bite but apart from that feels the same once braking as the Brembo. The engine is smoother a quieter and pulls from low revs way harder than the older bike. In fact the bike is deceptively quick you look down at the Speedo and your going a good 10mph faster than you think. Certainly no need to change gears as much since it pulls so well. Did not get it past 6-7k rpm since the roads were still very wet but I'm very pleased with the way the bike goes.
Once on the move the bike is quieter so a factory fit Acropovic has been recommended which is cheaper than before if ordered from new.
I will do another 50 miles tomorrow before handing back and hopefully it will be dry so I can see what the top end it like. Returned 54mpg on the run which is good since it only has 100 miles on the clock.

So certainly a step forward and depending on the deal I may get one earlier than planned :)

It is all placebo you are doomed............:D as soon as that cheque is signed everything will be the same as before

#GBH...Thanks for your first real review !
Sounds good so far that the TORQUE lunges the bike forward...tomorrow please let us know about the top-end and if the geometry changes affected handling like slowed steering in favor of more high speed stability...A good test is to bring the speed up to 70 mph and see how easy you can slalom the center line in comparison to your 2018...Here the 2017 1200-ADV shines and was much quicker steering than both regular 1200 GS and even GS-Rally with sports suspension due to 5 mm less trail;95 vs 100 mm.The 1250 supposedly has 109 mm if you go by the technical literature from BMW while they advertise the same as the old 1200 on their official webside...:confused:
As for the quieter exhaust sound I don't think the new Akra will solve that problem but hope the Akra E-3 slip-on with removeable db-killers will fit on the 1250 to give deep and throaty boxersound we love...:D
Enjoy your new ride !

smogbob...I think 84 cc more and 2 different intake cam-lobes are more than a placebo !
For more more excitement coming from the engine room and I mean killer bottom end & midrange TORQUE and a good top-end to get to 140mph quick I'm willing to pay the 10 grand I probably loose to trade up to a 1250-ADV...:D
It's only money you can't take with you when you die...all that counts is making some good memories before you die...;)

smogbob...I think 84 cc more and 2 different intake cam-lobes are more than a placebo !
For more more excitement coming from the engine room and I mean killer bottom end & midrange TORQUE and a good top-end to get to 140mph quick I'm willing to pay the 10 grand I probably loose to trade up to a 1250-ADV...:D
It's only money you can't take with you when you die...all that counts is making some good memories before you die...;)

do they know what sarcastic humor is in norcal...........;)

Back
Top Bottom