Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS yet ?

Who said I was american...:D
Just happen to live in that shithole,I mean land of the fee...kept in a the dark and fed shit like a mushroom...;)
But anyways back on topic - the new 1250 GS...too fast for america...too slow for Mexico...that is the question...:aidan

As far as i know the 1250 RT is due 3rd quarter of 2019

Had a word with my local pusher today as we were drooling over the 1250 due to be rolled out for testing tomorrow.
I'm in for the GSA, and ha said that the signals from BMW was that for 2019, all LC boxers would be 1250s. The R1200LC engine is history. The GSA, amongst others would be presented at the Eicma show.

A friend of mine has signed the papers for a RT, and it was due for delivery sping 19.

A friend of mine has just finished two days with the new 1250. I was to have a go today but work and shitty weather interfered.
I asked him how does the new engine feel. His best explanation was that it felt like a really well run in current engine. This was from an engine that had PDI miles on it when it was picked up.

If I have ditch any of my farkles (especially end can) then I won’t consider this bike for another two years over my current 2018 bike.

Had a word with my local pusher today as we were drooling over the 1250 due to be rolled out for testing tomorrow.
I'm in for the GSA, and ha said that the signals from BMW was that for 2019, all LC boxers would be 1250s. The R1200LC engine is history. The GSA, amongst others would be presented at the Eicma show.

A friend of mine has signed the papers for a RT, and it was due for delivery sping 19.

With regard to GSA, dealer told me yesterday that he expects it to be available by Xmas, which agrees with the above, and also the rumours flying around.

Can anyone give me the reg number of a demonstrator that I can use to gain more info on the 1250 from the BMW information? The last 7 digits of the VIN number would do otherwise. Do not post your own bikes reg!!

GSA and RT for next spring my stealer told me. Both also at the end show

GSA and RT for next spring my stealer told me. Both also at the end show

Thought the RT was released at the same time, plenty of pics at various shows. The current RT is hard to get hold of now, so are they not going to have any bikes to sell until next year? Or are you talking about a complete new model, not just an engine change

GSA, R & RS with led and tft at Eicma that is what we were told at Intermot last week off the BMW stand..?? + new RR

Very windy and wet in Aberdeen today (60mph) which is not nice to ride a bike so have taken it back to dealer.
Been made a good offer which I'm thinking seriously about which he will also hold until March next year.
Getting back on my bike felt just the same but it feels rather slow so I can confirm the engine has made a big big difference and worth it for the extra torque alone!

Warning don't drive this bike it will make you want it :thumb

HP version will be with the dealer early next week when I'll decide for sure what to do :green gri

Very windy and wet in Aberdeen today (60mph) which is not nice to ride a bike so have taken it back to dealer.
Been made a good offer which I'm thinking seriously about which he will also hold until March next year.
Getting back on my bike felt just the same but it feels rather slow so I can confirm the engine has made a big big difference and worth it for the extra torque alone!

Warning don't drive this bike it will make you want it :thumb

HP version will be with the dealer early next week when I'll decide for sure what to do :green gri

;) put your bike in Dynamic mode, it will feel better... cannot believe rain in granite city.

Geometry unchanged can't be as BMW press material shows 2 cm more wheelbase and almost 3 mm more wheelbase compared to the 1200 GS and 1200 GS-ADV.
Also trail shows 109 mm compared to 99,6 mm GS or 95 mm for the GS-ADV...That could make a noticeable difference as the ADV is already quicker steering but less stable at top-speed than a regular GS.
Hopefully tomorrow at the official release/test ride date someone get's to twist the throttle all the way to redline and can let us know if the 1250 left him feel wanting for more and if the steering feels as light flicking the bike around the centerline going 70 mph which is a good test for ease of handling...
Casn't wait to throw a leg over that thing myself...especially the 2019 GS-ADV ! Hopefully in triple-black and Brembo brake calipers instead of the Harley junk from Hayes...:thumb

This has been explained somewhere (I cant recall the source), but the tech specs of the existing/old model are wrong, the new tech specs look different but they arent, they are just correct.

RBW.

Geometry unchanged can't be as BMW press material shows 2 cm more wheelbase and almost 3 mm more wheelbase compared to the 1200 GS and 1200 GS-ADV.
Also trail shows 109 mm compared to 99,6 mm GS or 95 mm for the GS-ADV...That could make a noticeable difference as the ADV is already quicker steering but less stable at top-speed than a regular GS.
Hopefully tomorrow at the official release/test ride date someone get's to twist the throttle all the way to redline and can let us know if the 1250 left him feel wanting for more and if the steering feels as light flicking the bike around the centerline going 70 mph which is a good test for ease of handling...
Casn't wait to throw a leg over that thing myself...especially the 2019 GS-ADV ! Hopefully in triple-black and Brembo brake calipers instead of the Harley junk from Hayes...:thumb

Thought the RT was released at the same time, plenty of pics at various shows. The current RT is hard to get hold of now, so are they not going to have any bikes to sell until next year? Or are you talking about a complete new model, not just an engine change

nope to new model ,its the current RT with the new 1250 Engine...should be on display at the NEC and will be available to order,deliveries should begin in Feb ! Dealers words not mine ! I agree that the current RT is very low in stock amongst the dealers. All the models they have are audio models too he tells me

@ rainbow-walker about the geometry changes what you said is interesting but I don't think BMW is unable to measure their bikes as the technical literature shows wheelbase for GS 1200 as 1507 mm / GS 1250 as 1525 mm , steering head angle 64.5 " vs 62.9 " and trail 99.6 mm vs 109 mm.
These are huge differences and not small measurement errors and should make quiet a difference on handling like the R1200GS vs R1200GS-ADV does; wheelbase 1507 mm vs 1469 mm , steering head angle 64.5 " vs 65.5 " and trail 99.6 mm vs 95 mm ! The ADV steers quicker than a regular GS especially at higher speeds but is less stable...I like quick steering bikes and can live with slightly less stability.

Back
Top Bottom