Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS yet ?

Boxerlust

Reaction score
I know next weekend is the official unveiling but I wonder if someone had the chance to throw a leg over the 1250 yet and got to try one as the changes might be bigger as the pictures and first articles suggest...I'm very surprised that no real tests with hard data compared to the older 1200 have been out in the press about the worlds new most important big bike !
- 143 NM TORQUE is HUGE but how about the top-end of only 136 hp...can you feel it on the last 2000rpm as I expected 20 hp more or at least 145 hp out of 1254 cc
- Does the EU-5 exhaust still emit throaty boxer sound or is a Brussels euro-weenie wet fart ? Does the Akra EU-3 with removeable db-killers still fit (hopefully) ?
- How about the handling as almost 2 cm more wheelbase and 9 mm more trail are also big changes and suggest more stability ?
Let us know and clue us in you lucky bastards...;)
I hear the rest of the boxer line will be inveiled nov 8 in Milano...as also the all new S1000RR that will be 15 kilos lighter and have 13 hp more...:thumby:
Unfortunately no R1250S (yet) but I have not given up on the 17 inch GS wheel street version straight from the factory...:D

Also how are the Hayes calipers on the GS ? I don't want no American Harley-crap on my GS but good BREMBO calipers !

Also how are the Hayes calipers on the GS ? I don't want no American Harley-crap on my GS but good BREMBO calipers !

Spanish engineering is much better than American. Guess you won't be buying a new GS then :)

Engines quiet.

I swung past Coopers Tunbridge wells today. They just rolled one out and fired it up.

It sounds much quieter than the previous 1200.

Front end has a slight change. I like it.

Not sure when the demo will be ready though.

I swung past Coopers Tunbridge wells today. They just rolled one out and fired it up.

It sounds much quieter than the previous 1200.

Front end has a slight change. I like it.

Not sure when the demo will be ready though.

Less "Rattly" ??

I know next weekend is the official unveiling but I wonder if someone had the chance to throw a leg over the 1250 yet and got to try one as the changes might be bigger as the pictures and first articles suggest...I'm very surprised that no real tests with hard data compared to the older 1200 have been out in the press about the worlds new most important big bike !
- 143 NM TORQUE is HUGE but how about the top-end of only 136 hp...can you feel it on the last 2000rpm as I expected 20 hp more or at least 145 hp out of 1254 cc
- Does the EU-5 exhaust still emit throaty boxer sound or is a Brussels euro-weenie wet fart ? Does the Akra EU-3 with removeable db-killers still fit (hopefully) ?
- How about the handling as almost 2 cm more wheelbase and 9 mm more trail are also big changes and suggest more stability ?
Let us know and clue us in you lucky bastards...;)
I hear the rest of the boxer line will be inveiled nov 8 in Milano...as also the all new S1000RR that will be 15 kilos lighter and have 13 hp more...:thumby:
Unfortunately no R1250S (yet) but I have not given up on the 17 inch GS wheel street version straight from the factory...:D

I watched a video where a guy from BMW said the wheelbase etc are the same, the wrong figures were quoted for the old bike!

The silencer is a different part number to the 1200 but I hope it will swop across

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sunday I'm the first out at my dealership......looking forward to it,but the time slots are for 30 mins!!!!! won't be purchasing after just that amount of time on it...but if i feel it warrants further ride then i will book a longer slot when available in the weeks ahead

Italian engineering is indeed much better than American engineering when you compare Italian cars/motorcycles with the crap the colonies put out...;)
I want Brembo and not crappy Harley brakes on my GS !
Luther when you said the new 1254 sounds much quieter than the former 1170 do you talk about mechanical engine noise which would be good or a much quieter exhaust noise which would be bad ?
Can't wait for your first reviews if the new engine is finally strong enough to feel exiting and if the added 10-15 mm trail compared to the old ADV 95 vs 109 mm or regular GS 100 vs 109 mm can be felt in a good or negative way !
Also make sure the old Akra EU-3 slip-on with removeable db-killers still fits...:D
As the new Akra is probably EU-5 quiet and looks like something you don't want to spend your hard earned money on...:( The old one looked much better and probably sounded better too !

Oct 13/14 bring on the real world reviews older 1200 vs newer 1250 GS...:thumb2
Can't believe that the press has not done any real reviews with dyno comparisons,hard numbers on acceleration/roll-on as also how the geometry changes affect handling...:confused:

Italian engineering is indeed much better than American engineering when you compare Italian cars/motorcycles with the crap the colonies put out...;)
I want Brembo and not crappy Harley brakes on my GS !
Luther when you said the new 1254 sounds much quieter than the former 1170 do you talk about mechanical engine noise which would be good or a much quieter exhaust noise which would be bad ?
Can't wait for your first reviews if the new engine is finally strong enough to feel exiting and if the added 10-15 mm trail compared to the old ADV 95 vs 109 mm or regular GS 100 vs 109 mm can be felt in a good or negative way !
Also make sure the old Akra EU-3 slip-on with removeable db-killers still fits...:D
As the new Akra is probably EU-5 quiet and looks like something you don't want to spend your hard earned money on...:( The old one looked much better and probably sounded better too !

The standard can is a different part number to a 1200 so although it looks the same it might be a different diameter? Although it might just be sound deadening for Euro 5?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smogbob...lay off the Hollywood crap...America was never great or free or land of opportunity unless you belong to a certain tribe and/or have lots of money...how can you make it great again ? All lies & bs all the time...
Great is riding in Mexico on a GS being free to ride as fast as you want without being hassled by the man but without crappy Harley brake calipers the beancounters in munich got for a pennies less...:thumb
But let's hear from the first riders being able to throw a leg over the new 1250 and tell us how the new engine and geometry changes on the chassis feel...:bow
Otherwise I keep my 2017,the one with black BREMBO calipers...:D
As 125 vs 136 hp does not feel like much more top-end but 143 vs 125 nm torque is HUGE !
Hopefully the new shift-cam engine wakes the GS up and makes the best street bike on the market also one that gives you a little excitement !
Otherwise I have to try that S1000XR available in triple-black for 2019 one more time...;)

Smogbob...lay off the Hollywood crap...America was never great or free or land of opportunity unless you belong to a certain tribe and/or have lots of money...how can you make it great again ? All lies & bs all the time...
Great is riding in Mexico on a GS being free to ride as fast as you want without being hassled by the man but without crappy Harley brake calipers the beancounters in munich got for a pennies less...:thumb
But let's hear from the first riders being able to throw a leg over the new 1250 and tell us how the new engine and geometry changes on the chassis feel...:bow
Otherwise I keep my 2017,the one with black BREMBO calipers...:D
As 125 vs 136 hp does not feel like much more top-end but 143 vs 125 nm torque is HUGE !
Hopefully the new shift-cam engine wakes the GS up and makes the best street bike on the market also one that gives you a little excitement !
Otherwise I have to try that S1000XR available in triple-black for 2019 one more time...;)

So you do not like Mr Trump I take it...........:D

.....but 143 vs 125 nm torque is HUGE

Yeah, kiss goodbye to your tyre life, final drive longevity, spoke tension, clutch plate, haha

More warranty work

:D

Back
Top Bottom