Anyone test-ridden the new 1250 GS yet ?

He will probably want more than he has pad for it tho ...

The bike has been sold for a lot less than I paid for it. And I’ve just ordered another one. ;)

So Arsey needs to send a cheque to BHT. :beerjug:

The bike has been sold for a lot less than I paid for it. And I’ve just ordered another one. ;)

So Arsey needs to send a cheque to BHT. :beerjug:

The bet, which you didn’t take as you were too stupid to understand , was that you would buy a 1250 in the next 12 months . Not that you would/wouldn’t order another KTM.

What you making first for them mark ? I think most of not all the 1200 accessories will fit the 1250

Well, it`s going to be one of the first jobs I do to assess what may fit and what may not. I`m hoping the pillion utility box (which still gives me the horn) clips straight on today :)

Dragging my sad ass into the 21st Century I also hope to put bite sized clips on YouTube to help anyone interested not just in part compatibility but also with an intro to the bike itself (only IMHO).

NN has already started to send me parts to try (Mudslinger and engine bars) :bounce1

Knee jerk is that most parts will fit :thumb2

I know it sounds like a plug but subscribing to our newsletter is a good move for any of us wanting bargains or news on the bike and parts :D you can do this by going to our site and clinking on the subscribe bit!

www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

Boxerlust, sorry fella, I didn’t want to appear to be hijacking your excellent thread. I’ll get to ride the bike as soon as I can and offer my thoughts (IMHO) to answer your post. It’ll be mostly drink induced dribble (no change there then) but it’ll be something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it sounds like a plug but subscribing to our newsletter is a good move for any of us wanting bargains or news on the bike and parts :D you can do this by going to our site and clinking on the subscribe bit!

www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk

Why would I subscribe...there's no Orange section! :green gri

Can I suggest a starting place? REAR HUGGER FOR THE 1290 S/R

Wow

Wow, just ridden the bike and IMHO I can`t believe how great the engine feels :D I`m not one for statistics, increased power torque etc etc preferring `how it just feels` riding it on the road and wow wow wow what a big difference.

The only thing I can akin it to (at this time) is the previous twin cam but with more power (not that it needs anymore power and it`s kinda wasted on me anyway)!

I`m not complaining or beemer beating but the (current) LC always seemed lacking character to me and dare I say it, a little `rattly` - I must stress it`s a fantastic bike and I love my R1200GSA to bits but my previous Twin Cam had this lovely syrupy power delivery and `character` to it (if anyone knows what I`m waffling on abut?) HOWEVER this new R1250 seems to have this too plus extra ooomph!

Stressing it`s only my opinion but it`s an answer to your post based on experience!

Wow, just ridden the bike and IMHO I can`t believe how great the engine feels :D I`m not one for statistics, increased power torque etc etc preferring `how it just feels` riding it on the road and wow wow wow what a big difference.

The only thing I can akin it to (at this time) is the previous twin cam but with more power (not that it needs anymore power and it`s kinda wasted on me anyway)!

I`m not complaining or beemer beating but the (current) LC always seemed lacking character to me and dare I say it, a little `rattly` - I must stress it`s a fantastic bike and I love my R1200GSA to bits but my previous Twin Cam had this lovely syrupy power delivery and `character` to it (if anyone knows what I`m waffling on abut?) HOWEVER this new R1250 seems to have this too plus extra ooomph!

Stressing it`s only my opinion but it`s an answer to your post based on experience!

Nice to read YOUR thoughts, on your new bike, hope you can get out on it a fair bit before the council start chucking salt on the roads :(

Nice to read YOUR thoughts, on your new bike, hope you can get out on it a fair bit before the council start chucking salt on the roads :(

Thanks fella :beerjug: it`s only a very brief near superficial opinion (can`t wait to do an in depth ride :D) and yeah I hope to get some miles on the bike before winter `proper` sets in!

Ride safe

Most would shit themselves at wide open throttle on the R1200, never mind anything else :D

What top speed will a GS do ? Years ago got 155 out of a YZF 750 and just recently pinned my Africa Twin at 205 kph on the clock (127.5 mph - the 0.5 is important) which I thought was pretty decent for a fat bloke with a full bag on the seat and a top box, thought the front did get a little light.

What top speed will a GS do ? Years ago got 155 out of a YZF 750 and just recently pinned my Africa Twin at 205 kph on the clock (127.5 mph - the 0.5 is important) which I thought was pretty decent for a fat bloke with a full bag on the seat and a top box, thought the front did get a little light.

Sorry, I don`t know - it`s rare I do top speed (for me, it`s not about that, rather getting through the twisties fast and safe) so I don`t know! I`m sure some of the other lads may wish to let you know otherwise perhaps top speed performance is on the Motorrad site?.

138 nav mph pre hilltop. After 110 it is not a good place to be, it's too much like hard work. The bike is not made for going fast, stick to the B roads and have a ball.

Noticed that new front callipers are gonna cost us more??? in service time as well as being PITA should one need to change them half way through world expedition in the middle of Mongolian plateau..... reason being that unlike Brembo callipers Hayes callipers are bridged. In other words one will need to remove an entire callipers to change pads on both sides, unlike Brembo variant where one just simply unscrew retaining pin and remove pads......

Noticed that new front callipers are gonna cost us more??? in service time as well as being PITA should one need to change them half way through world expedition in the middle of Mongolian plateau..... reason being that unlike Brembo callipers Hayes callipers are bridged. In other words one will need to remove an entire callipers to change pads on both sides, unlike Brembo variant where one just simply unscrew retaining pin and remove pads......

So that's 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of owners not worried then :D

Saint Etienne this morning

Handsome beast! Albeit identical to the last one apart from new heads. Nevertheless I am to young for one anyway. Need a beer guy, lardy saggy arse, and be at least of an age to hold a free bus pass.... TA

Had a chat with this bloke ( Leathers a bit stained ) and he told me that the engine is a nice improvement. All the bits from your LC wil fit the new 1250:bounce1
I specked up a new 1250 to the spec of my late 2016 LC. £2100 more expensive :rolleyes: Aperantly Brexit is to blame :augie

Simon, he loves a good dress up and a party!!! Good lad he is.

No more pictures of the HP please...as the white GS is growing on me...:)...but I need to resist as 150 mile range and then fuel light on is not enough...ADV 200 mile range + reserve is more it !
How fast does the 1250 get to the 153 mph top-speed it is theoretically geared for...:D
Who is first to try it ?
My 1200 always ran out of steam at a miserly 135 with bags & topcase...:(

At 135 I’d be starting to worry of a lightened front end followed by a tank slapper. I’ve done it on a return journey from Italy last week and fully loaded with 3 boxes at 115mph it felt a bit lightweight.

Back
Top Bottom