Nine T - decat & hilltop?

Jallani

Reaction score
Now the proud owner of my own Nine T (blue planet). Good time of year to buy...

Now considering decat'ing and taking to Hilltop but not sure I can be bothered with the fuss (I've been through all this on my LC GSA and was happy with the result but different bike compared to Nine T).

Anyone done this - does it make a difference and worth the effort? I don't really want it too much louder but may enjoy a little more torque :)

Cheers,

R Nine T

Now the proud owner of my own Nine T (blue planet). Good time of year to buy...

Now considering decat'ing and taking to Hilltop but not sure I can be bothered with the fuss (I've been through all this on my LC GSA and was happy with the result but different bike compared to Nine T).

Anyone done this - does it make a difference and worth the effort? I don't really want it too much louder but may enjoy a little more torque :)

Cheers,

Congrats on your new bike:beerjug: I also have an R Nine T but the Urban GS version, I might be up for Hilltop when run in and better weather so probably April 2019:thumby:

I had both things done a couple of years ago and thought it made quite a (worthwhile)difference. It is a bit louder though.
For me the biggest improvement I’ve made is the rear Wilburs shock btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hilltop.

Found Geoff very helpful and friendly.

Motorrad Central aka Dalkeith also do an update on the deck.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'd heard our Dalkeith boys do it by no dyno.
A Nitron rear shock is first though.

Correct, personally I was down near cadwell anyway so it made sense to visit.

I doubt that Dalkeith would offer it, if it wasn't cost effective.

No matter what shock you get, ensure the spring is appropriate for your weight/riding style.

Correct, personally I was down near cadwell anyway so it made sense to visit.

I doubt that Dalkeith would offer it, if it wasn't cost effective.

No matter what shock you get, ensure the spring is appropriate for your weight/riding style.

That's why I'm having to change the shock; the preload is way too strong for my 80kg weight

I took out the Cat and put on a full Akro and a rear Wilber and a Corbin seat. She certainly pulls better, handles better and is far more comfy.

I would certainly consider a remap - do Dalkeith do them?

I took out the Cat and put on a full Akro and a rear Wilber and a Corbin seat. She certainly pulls better, handles better and is far more comfy.

I've fitted a Sargent seat and it is so much better than stock!

Yes, Dalkeith does remaps from hilltop, not exactly sure how it is done.

Worth a phone call to find out.

I like a good sounding motorcycle so I went de-cat with Akrapovic headers...Good sound and fun for a day but way too loud for a trip.Sold the header and went back stock header and Akra single outlet sports-silencer with db-killers removed...perfect sound !
No need for ECU-upgrades eithers as the bike 2016 R9T runs perfect as it is...

I've switched out to a Shock Factory M-Shock on my Turban, tweaked for 30mm extra ride height and built for my weight, very affordable, two year warranty and it's been a transformation. Before fitting the shock, I had the feeling I'd been battered around the ring more than Frank Bruno........now I have got rectal harmony, and better handling :)

Its surprising how much silencing the cat provides,
looking at the twin akra cans on my classic 9 t i cant see any baffles,i do like them so not changing them,
The de cat and hill top worked well on previous tc and lc bikes , the lower gearing makes the 9 t feel more liveley,,
Not sure about the noise this time as got some big trips planned and find the standard sound acceptable,
I appreceate the other models standard can is quieter,
I agree re suspension,,,

Back
Top Bottom