Riders Cardiff

Zoton

15mg and rising
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Closing in Cardiff apparently , Rumour ?

Makes sense if M and P are going to be BMW dealers, maybe they will tag the BMW part into Cardiff as well.
Anyone heard anything ?

Heard today. A mate phoned for a service and was told they had been given notice. M&P has poached a couple of techs.
Will be interesting to see what prices M&P go for.

it was mentioned in another thread that M&P are having a new unit built on Hadfield Road (same road as Triumph) where they will have 2 franchises joined by a central cafe. HD one end and BMW on the other side.

it was mentioned in another thread that M&P are having a new unit built on Hadfield Road (same road as Triumph) where they will have 2 franchises joined by a central cafe. HD one end and BMW on the other side.

I spoke to Craig today he told me they were closing in November, shortly after their website carried the announcement. I hadn't heard about the BMW franchise going to M&P in the Cardiff facility, a facility they don't yet have planning permission for it should be noted, opening date has now been pushed back to late January, was October then November........I think I'll be taking my business to Bristol.

I spoke to Craig today he told me they were closing in November, shortly after their website carried the announcement. I hadn't heard about the BMW franchise going to M&P in the Cardiff facility, a facility they don't yet have planning permission for it should be noted, opening date has now been pushed back to late January, was October then November........I think I'll be taking my business to Bristol.

take a day off, come to Cheltenham, take a loaner and hoon around the Cotswolds for a few hours. If it's raining, wander around the 4 floors of car museum next door and eat loads of their cake

take a day off, come to Cheltenham, take a loaner and hoon around the Cotswolds for a few hours. If it's raining, wander around the 4 floors of car museum next door and eat loads of their cake

0oooo that's a plan I might use myself in the new year :thumby:

Is there always cake, or just on special occasions?

Is there always cake, or just on special occasions?

bikers only get drinks - tea, good Tchibo coffee and even cold soft drinks in the fridge

wander over to the car place and there are pastries etc in the main waiting area

some interesting classic vehicles scattered about the multiple floors of the main building

the above are all of the time - on special occasions the bike place does a BBQ with free burgers

Was it M&P that won the war or did Riders shoot themeslves in the foot by selling Harleys from Cardiff thus pissing anyone or all of M&P,BMW and Ducati off to the extent that they loose the franchise to M&P:nenau,

or,

Did the recent change of manager and sales staff and exodus of people to M&P send it over the edge:nenau

or,

Did Jessop just think He's not making any return and decided to let them have it/give it up:nenau.

Im eating some welsh cakes pondering this one I can tell you.:D

bikers only get drinks - tea, good Tchibo coffee and even cold soft drinks in the fridge

wander over to the car place and there are pastries etc in the main waiting area

Why do the car drivers get pastries and the bike riders just get drinks?

As M & P still have no planning permission for Cardiff maybe their other option is to buy/lease Riders soon to be vacant building. Would make sense as already set up as a BMW dealership.

Why do the car drivers get pastries and the bike riders just get drinks?

the motorrad bit is in a separate building (although joined at basement level where the service dept & car park is. Neither car or bike service reception has cakes but you can wander upstairs if waiting.

the bit with cakes is in the main reception area, in the main building - the bike building as such, does not have a reception upstairs, just 3 desks for the sales people and a corner with a coffee machine and fridge with a counter & stools for you to sit on.

I cannot answer why they arranged it like this as it does seem they want to keep bikers away from the car part. However, they are quite welcoming in the main cafeteria to all customers.

I guess it is little different to most workplaces or big stores that have a main cafeteria and then satellites in other parts for those too lazy to walk 40 metres.

Wow

Well I never seen that coming. I have been a loyal customer since it opened buying several bikes from them. The last my XR last year which I recently sold. I was only in there a couple of weeks back test riding the RR and R with a few to buying on the Divide deal BMW were running until the end of September. I had a change of heart (bought a Boxster 987) and glad I did as I'm not sure what would happen in this situation if you paid a deposit but bike build and delivery would have been pass this closure date:blast

All the best to Craig and the gang who have always looked after me:beerjug:

I cannot answer why they arranged it like this as it does seem they want to keep bikers away from the car part. However, they are quite welcoming in the main cafeteria to all customers.

Strange, isn't it.

I've spent a lot more on BMW cars than bikes over the years, and will continue to do so, so you'd think they'd realise that some bike riders may buy cars as well.

some interesting classic vehicles scattered about the multiple floors of the main building

the above are all of the time - on special occasions the bike place does a BBQ with free burgers

Ah ha... Good to know. :thumb

M

Was at M and P yesterday . Poor set up for it's BMW bikes, not the premier set up that the brand (price) needs/requires. Not a patch on Riders.
Hopefully things might improve when (if)its in Cardiff.
They are setting up a seperate building for Honda so that might free up some space.

Back
Top Bottom