I love MyRouteApp - It’s the dog’s

Sephem

Reaction score
I use MyRouteApp for all my planning now and I find that it is the best as you can compare different map providers and set certain preferred routing options. I also found it quick to export to my NAV VI with the Export to device option as it sends it directly to the NAV VI via USB and then when you unplug it, the route import shows on the NAV screen.

I like it so much I bought the Gold Edition to get all the extra features.

I did try BaseCamp for a while, but found it very complex and not easy to use. MyRouteApp does everything that BaaseCamp can do, just better. There is only one thing that MyRouteApp does not have and that is using via points with shaping points. It will export as shaping points all the time when choosing Garmin New, but this is not a biggie for me as I just then change the few points that should be Via Points direct on the NAV.

The other big benefit with MyRouteApp is it can be used cross-platform as they have a connector for both Windows and Mac

I use My Route App, also a gold user. But I can only get gpx 1.0 to load into the Nav and work, which brings over waypoints, so you are stuck with the 26 waypoint limit. If you use Gpx 1.1 or BMW motorcycle gpx you just get straight lines with shaping points. So you can't actually plan a route with shaping points rather than waypoints. Well if you can, I can't find out how to do it. I have asked what the gpx 1.1 format actually works on, but their support guys stopped replying :) I do like the app, but you need to be aware of the 26 way points problem.

Back
Top Bottom